Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

stop fighting

after having a blow up argument with teenage brother in front of relatives at a relatives house ,I had alot of thinking to do last night about what phase hes dealing with in regards to high school ect and my learning phase of dating and our constant argueing and conflict and what the cause has been I finally realised theres some parellels going on between us two at the moment to do with our emotional reactions to everything and towards each other,I have felt very protective about him about life decisions he is wanting to make of course hes at that age where now he more or less wants his own will and pushing the boundaries but I on the other hand have had it where a few cousins have been equally protective of me and my dating situations so in short Ive realised that Im being protective of my brother and he doesnt like it ,just the same as other family have been recently protective of me and i didnt like it that they where being so protective of me even though I needed it at the time as I wasnt thinking about protecting myself,I think that now I understand how they must have felt and that helps me understand what Im doing wrong with my brother or just why I am being so protective of him but at the time me and my brother have argued too much just like I was argueing the point with others so basically last night I decided to acknoledge others protective behaviour of me by finally saying thank you to them ,as for both myself and my younger brother I think we almost have a simular issue of even with family we fight there love ,we fight familiys desire to protect us,we both need to stop fighting what we actual need which is our families love and protection just stop fighting over neding to be right or having control of situations that we know we cant handle alone and allow family to be loving and protective when its most needed at the same time though Ive realised that I do need to still let him learn and make some mistakes as others have had to just let me learn and make mistakes even when you do get worried about those you love but honsetly we need to stop fighting love,stop fighting what we need ,let others show show and protective behaiour when we need it ,hope this makes sense

2 REPLIES 2
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: stop fighting

Amazing @LostAngel, it sounds like you've processed things really well! 💗👏🏼

Re: stop fighting

Hey @LostAngel it sounds as if you have been fighting "the good fight".

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance