Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

the Amazon

so idk if anyone has heard but apperantly there are some greedy rude people burning large parts of the amazon and i am so fed up I literally dont understand why people keep doing this stuff they know we all know this us the way we are living is just leading us to extinction and it isnt something that is going to happen in a distant future it is already happening it has started already we dont have time before something happens because we already passed that stage ages ago. why cant people just stop and actually be a decent speicies for a change i am literally crying because i am so fed up. people are constantly complaining that young people are weak and always depressed and anxious and dont want to try or work hard but what the heck do they expect when they bring us into this world only to be like "hey jokes on you actually you are all not going to make it past 50 cause we will have wrecked the world by then" like how else are we supposed to feel when at the time we are supposed to be finding ourselves and starting our lives we are instead left with a whole load of crap to clean up form a mess we didnt make. I genuinely dont understand how or why i should even feel hopeful for a future that is just going to be harder and more scary than the already horrible present. i try and just go day by day but that isnt good enough and it shouldnt have to be. and yes i do what i can but that is also not enough and yet people who can do something are more concerned about keeping money that they wont even be able to use when we cant grow food anymore. I CANT STAND IT I AM SO FREAKING FED UP WITH ALL OF IT. 

5 REPLIES 5
Gazza75
Senior Contributor

Re: the Amazon

Hi @Eden1919 , I just read some news about the amazon this morning and it's pretty heartbreaking stuff.  The rapid deforestation and now the fires are just terrible.  I don't understand the thinking, but, in a way its similar to here and very short term thinking to try and make a dollar without thinking about future generations.  Greed.  Capitalism.

It's hard not to feel exasparated and so frustrated with how the so called 'leaders' are doing things.  Things seem especially bad since Trump is elected and America have been in decline.  We can only do what we can Eden, try not to feel to down about it.  I know thats probably diffucult for you and I don't say it lightly or without thought.  Take care. Heart

@Gazza75  i understand that it isnt super productive to feel bad about it but i cant accept the "just do what you can for yourself" attitude in this circumstance because quite frankly only thinking about ourselves is what got us into this mess and continuning to only take minimal responsibility and waiting for for everyone else to do something is not going to fix the situation. so regardless of if i personally should have to feel bad or not i still have to not only consider myself and i have to think about these things and that means i also have to feel bad because if i dont and if the people of my generation dont then we will literally all not make it to retirement like i dont have a choice other than to try and fix it unless i am ok with letting everything go to dirt. people should be dwelling on this and concerned and feeling bad because if we arent we will continue to do nothing. and i also think it is reasonable to feel bad and to be upset. I know you didnt say it is an inconsiderate way but i feel like that attitude is not going to be helpful for this particular issue because we cant ignore it how we have been so far. and please dont think i am mad at you i just think we cant afford to think the same ways we always have at this point and if that means feeling bad then maybe i should so long as i try and be productive in finding a solution in the process. 

@Eden1919, it's a shocking situation. It's been burning for nearly a month and what has anyone done?? Notre damme was the example I saw today, 2 billion dollars in a day. Amazon creates 20‰ of our oxygen.  Now it is probably less.  You can't pay for trees, they aren't so. Simple to replace  

I'm.not saying to. Do nothing, rather don't let it stop you from taking action and making yourself being heard. It's a big problem for the here and now. 

I feel terrible about it on many levels. The. Amazon should be protected not exploited. 

@Gazza75  yes notre dame really upset me like a building that is already undergoing refurbishment gets all this care and donations and then a vital source to our oxygen is being destroyed and no body seems to care like what the heck i cant understand and then i keep thinking if people are that terrible and refuse to try and change their ways when they could easily do so maybe they deserve what they get. but then i remember that the people who are like 80% responsible for this issue are going to be the last ones to be affected and it is so frustrating. 

@Eden1919  wish there was something like the UN for the environment  All countries pay a. Small tax to preserve and expand natural things for everyone to benefit

Ie amazon and the Great barrier reef. 

Sad that a small number of people have all the wealth and power and do. So little with it. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance