Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

jamesle2015
Senior Contributor

this time of year

I know it is the week before Christmas and everyone is rushing here and there...

Today someone left a bit of paper at work - i wasn't in the office at the time - in red an white and it had the usual Christian message of repent and believe - it had the steps on there like go to church read the bible - on the front in big letters it had Jesus Loves You...

Someone going along the street not sure which church they are from

It is a good message but the way they present it doesn't help...it's like dropping advertising material

I reckon this sort of thing shouldn't go on too much .....it's not very helpful for them to go around dropping these things off in workplaces....the thing is other people at work will make comments and usually it won't be a positive experience for those of us who are believers.......

Even if you don't believe or you are Jewish or something like that I am sure you can imagine it's a bit much for them to go around and drop off this sort of thing when everyone's busy and it doesn't help the atmosphere much

Anyway nothing I can do about it it's over now

2 REPLIES 2
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: this time of year

I know what you mean, perhaps a bit of eye contact, a hand shake & an invitation to church or a coffee would be better - not just delivery. I'm amazed how few times I've ever been invited to church. 

I'm new and came to your thread because I get anxious & depressed more than usual 'this time of year' and hoping to find how others cope with that. ' 

Re: this time of year

Welcome to the forums 🙂

Glad to meet you

Are you working at the moment ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance