Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: why can't I cope longer?

Hey @Former-Member so sorry im abit scatterred. Weve had fire warnings and things and having some physical, mental, family and support (as in psychologist) issues of late.

Sounds like your feeling quite lost and heart sore. Aniversaries can affect us in many ways. Lots of self care and managing the basics each day till it passes abit.
Your road trip sounds nice. I like exploring old towns or small country settings. So different to city life isnt it

@Former-Member 

Image result for thinking of you eeyore

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Zoe7 , @outlander   it's true, I am heart sore, but not scared  I'll hurt myself this time, so far. That's a relief. Two weeks to go for my Jo22nd. But proud of myself getting to church Oday. Meeting new ppl. Hate all the questions though... what bought you here? Where were you before? do you have grandchildrengrandchildre? (first time I've been asked that one😮) The answer to all these Q are complicated. Does it really matter? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

love the pic @Zoe7 , just gorgeous, thanks 😁

💜❤️🧡💛💚💙

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi

Hi @Adge, thought of you this morning while having morning cuppa in the sunshine. I little finch came bouncing around on the grass, so cute, and cute little chirp. Can't find the Bird thread today :face_with_rolling_eyes: but here you are. Are you ok? And birds?

well done for going to church and meeting new people. I know it can be so daunting having all these questions thrown at you. I do hope some of these new people will blossom into friends though. @Former-Member

Hi @Former-Member

Click the link below to get a FREE Online Business ...

Hi @Former-Member It's weird that the notification for your post (tag) just came right now - when the post says that you wrote it 5 hours ago. I don't get that.

The baby Java finches (about 4) are doing well. 2 are out sitting on the floor.

Just as well that it's in my aviary. If they sat on the ground in nature, they would get eaten in 5 minutes flat.

My childhood SA abuser (cousin) tried repeatedly to phone me on Friday afternoon (again) - went into a tail-spin.

I've had no contact with this person for the past 9 years (except seeing him at Dad's Funeral), yet he is narcissistic (totally selfish) & insistent.

Work colleagues insulted me repeatedly on Friday (after the stress of my car repairs already).

Then I've had one of the most wiped-out (totally exhausted) weekends on record - probably due to too many triggers.

I've been trying all weekend to pick myself back up.

The baby Javas are lovely - my neighbour insisted on coming to see them at 7.00am yesterday morning. It was lovely that she wanted to see them, but far too early.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh @ Adge  that's horrible what happened to you Friday, at work, and the # # # abuser trying to  come back. Don't you let him! Any wonder you had a bad weekend, a PTSD reaction most definately. Bug triggers, huge! 

It takes me anywhere from 2-14+ days to recover from similar upsets.

You be gentle with yourself  Adge xox

About being tagged, I went back and edited (correced) that post , which then gets resent, sorry, I fell asleep typing that post. 

So glad your little finches are doing well 🧡💛💚💙🐥

@Re: why can't I cope longer?

Thanks so much @Former-Member

You put it into perspective for me.

I've never thought of triggers bringing a PTSD reaction before - you're right.

I also minimise the effects these shocks (triggers) have on me - because virtually no-one face to face affirms my experiences or my reactions. Especially not my siblings or Mum.

They're all in massive denial - which undermines my self confidence.

So when I feel totally wiped out  (triggered), like all this weekend - it comes as a shock.

Because I often don't see the connection  (cause & effect) - so I've been questioning myself all weekend.

"Why do I feel this bad"? "What's wrong with me"? "I've goto perk up" etc etc.

Thanks @Former-Member You're a breath of fresh air - I see the light when someone explains things better  (or affirms my experience).

HeartAdge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance