Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: why can't I cope longer?

Hi @Former-Member , no I didn’t do the dogs. . I did the floors made meringues a rice pudding and a cake for my sons birthday. I changed beds and then the day is gone. I am currently sitting out the back with the paper and a glass of wine. 

I don’t think that depressions is unacceptable but friends and others don’t want to hear about too much the same way we don’t want to listen to anyone yapping on about their heath. 

I first had a severe depression in my early twenties and have bouts of it ever since. The anxiety has only joined in over the last five years and that is terrifying.  Yes I have has SI all along.  I have even attempt it and ended up in intensive care. But that was many many years ago.   I have SI popping into my head daily, several times a day. I just try to shift my focus or do something. .

arranging rooms is good I bet you will love your new chair. 

MI is no choice.  I would not choose to be like this and to have these thoughts in my head.  It is very difficult. No one would want this.

i try to do the find theee things I want to do today, then at the end of the day three things I am grateful for.  It doesn’t always work. 

Never mind

look forward to hearing about your plan

peri

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Peri, loved hearing, you sit out the back with a wine at the end of the day, I can picture that, sounds really relaxing. And you did get a few things done yesterday.
Sorry you have to live with daily SI too. Our MI path sounds almost identical.
Ha, just had a funny thought, maybe SI is a virus and depression a parasite infection lol... I've had Maleria (parasite infection) - after treatment they told me it can sit dormant in the system and flare up again, on and off. That's what depression is like - a flarup, or 'breakdown' (parssuicide, hospital...) But maybe I think too much lol
Its exhausting, but We do learn to live with it, I really like your strategy:
"find three things I want to do today, and three things I am grateful for after" 🙂👍 think I'll try it.
I managed to get the chair in. "The 'plan" - that just popped in my head, was to slide the heavy couch out of the van onto my bedside table with wheels (keeping it the same height as 3 steps into my unit) turn it on wheels up to front door and slide it into house sideways, angled in. Was tricky but Worked like a dream snd I didn't hurt my back. I now have a comfe chair to sit on 😁👍 ya
Today I woke feeling heavy again, but hopefully brekky and sunshine and furbaby will help again. Might sit outside with brekky today. You've inspired me 💙

Well done
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Clawde, I've seen you pop up a lot lately, are U fairly new of the forums? You ok? What's happening?

I spied an @Former-Member Hello....

Sorry I haven't kept up with reading posts.

I will try to catch up soon.

Yoga centre closed permanently now - very upsetting (shock), due to C Virus losses.

I've been doing 2 classes every week there, for 9 years (Big Black Hole now).

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hiya @Adge, thanks for callout. Sorry about the yoga classes. You'll have to learn how to zoom or something. My cuz is Y instructor - does her classes on zoom now. Keep ya chin up 💕

Do a lot if shift work only can come on this beautiful amazing place when I’m home, work can do it but at work I’m doing every thing plus mental health is just a given this web site helps me because me and my customers are not alone I think the thing is how do you protect your own self from other people’s problems d
So it does not seep into your skinn because when you listen I mean really listen how can one process it and skip back to your self in your own life without the problems soaking in to your skin, I know think of a wall I know it’s not you I known water off a duck but sometimes it just seeps in how and we
HOw and what is the answer to be wise and
Strong mate

Time after time

Dear @Former-Member ,

well it could be dog bath day. I am resolved.  Other than that, a quiet one for me

i bet the chair looks great and is comfy

peri

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Peri, yeah - he chair is very come (finally found an affordable comfe chair 🎉) Hope you get the dogs done today. Reeeely cold wind outside today, gonna snuggle inside here I think. Plenty to do I guess 💕 thanks for dropping by, I know I'm not the best company
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance