Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: why can't I cope longer?

That all sounds really positive @Former-Member  and I am so very happy for you. 

Your son's cat is such a sweetie.

Yes I did light a candle for me Mum .. and shed a few tears.

The rose has a beautiful strong and rich perfume ... the picture is only a bud, but I had a couple I put in a vase and as they opened up they are really large and a lovely fragrance wafts around every time you walk past them.

Hi @Zoe7  .. You are meant to be in bed asleep.  Are you having trouble sleeping?

Sherry 🌺🤗💕

Thanks for that vote of confidence @Former-Member - very much appreciated. We all have good and bad days Hon but hopefully more good days are to come for you. Yesterday was a good day so hold onto all that happiness - you deserve it Heart

@Former-Member Yes I was having trouble sleeping last night - eventually got there but needed more. Just woke up after falling asleep working at home - still some more to do but might need to finish it in the morning now.

Former-Member
Not applicable

20200510-164306_1-01.jpeg

Pic of my birds this week

@Adge Thinking of you 🌿🕊

Thanks. @@@@Zoe7 and @@Sherry,  I hope you are ok? It  WAS  good not to spend  mother's day crying.  Out of  touch with emotions atm, need to get back meditating...  get rid of the 'blob' routine l

Had my 4th telehealth with counsellor yesterday (intake officer) and start with  psychologist Friday (re high risk stuff). I doubt there's  anything she'll offer that I haven't heard before.. but gotta jump through their hoops or it looks like I don't WANT help. What I need is family love, community support... a sense of acceptance and belonging. This 'counselling' routine is just a drop in the ocean of the human soul. And this next two visits will be introductions anyway.(unhelpful to me)  Can't believe it's taken me 8wks to get to this point. Luckily the SI has dropped off a lot in intensity, maybe 'cause I'm talking with someone an hour a week, might be that. She's good. This new psych has worked in corrective services so im a bit nervous she's gonna play hardball 😳

Anyway, I'll give it another go. Bit over it though. 

Wish I could go somewhere and be looked after for a week. or two... just so tired. 

Hi @Former-Member

All the best with your new psychologist (counselling).

My psych used to work in corrective services years ago - she doesn't play hard ball, so hopefully yours won't.

Subsidised (or government funded) psychology services have always terminated me (shown me the door), after too few (inadequate number of) appointments - which is why I see a private psychologist.

It's always been by far my largest (highest) regular expense - yet I know that she won't "show me the door" (get rid of me), until I'm done, or it's not helping.

I need that level of security - I can only do it, because my psych gives me a good discount, as a long-term client.

Otherwise Clinical Psychologist fees of $240 per 50 min appointment, are totally unaffordable.

I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight.

It was a rough day for me today.

I'm very tired.

I'm aiming & hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Former-Member ^^^

Oh dear @Adge, sorry you have such difficulty at work. As for $200+ psych sessions - what a crock! (In my opinion). But if it works for you... Apart from security, what do you get out of sessions? I sometimes get morevsloutbof talking with a friend.
I'm not sure what it will cost for me yet, that hasn't come up. Someone did say LikeMind is Gov, who knows. Do you think I should do it, I just feel maybe I'm not bad enough to burn their limited resources. Actually, I hear, with the COVID-19, there running low on clients... especially private. TeleHealth rollout is helping them and doctors a bit.
News just said global covid deaths is now over 1/4 million 😞
Hope you sleep well, wake up refreshed and have a better day ahead 💗

@Former-Member 

sending love and hugs Heart 

it wont let me upload pics on this thread and a few others for some reason 🤷‍♀️

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @ outlander , thanks for thinking of me. I'm ok'ish atm ta, on a good wave actually 😁 even organised the pantry and freezer yesterday and a mount of dishes 😇 Maybe getting a telehealth phone call from  counsellor once a week is actually helping this last month? Eventually got support after ringing Beyond Blue >> Community Health >> LikeMind intake counsellor... who put me in with their psychologists (after getting CarePlan from GP). Psychologist actually rang first time Friday. She asked me to tell her a bit about myself which opened the floodgates for the next hour. A mixture of tears, giggles, pauses and more tears. She thinks there's a lot of 'rejection' in my past re two children's him, my mother's MI, losses, and this may have compounded with the way my adult siblings behaved around my coming to help mum and dad this last couple of years. My sisters rejection more painful than I could imagine. Anyway, psych sounds 12yrs old but speaks my language it seems. Doesn't think I'm showing any psychosis / delusions like my sister was telling people and to my face while I was up every night caring for dying mum while she did nothing! Anyway, the psych can see / talk every fortnight. Ive warned them hospital sends me backward and it's not an option. The intake officer will speak to me in between. And they're sticking to the same timeslot every Friday which really helps me (re so unorganised). 

Not much else is defferent atm, accept the cold weather. How was your weekend?

Hmm, just got craving for porridge 🥣 Betta go have brekky 💗

Hope your going ok @Former-Member thinking of you 💜
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hey @outlander, what are you doing up?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance