Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

TheJuZShoW
Senior Contributor

Easter Blues

I have been feeling sad during the whole Easter period. Is there really any such thing as a happy one?

I don't know why I am sad and in tears all the time. I don't see my psychologist til the start of next month. I am so depressed that I feel like there is no way out. I tried everything I knew and just could not cheer up. I didn't spend it with my family or see friends and just drank two bottles of champagne on my own. Another holiday I may never celebrate ever again.

I Had a massive falling out with an ex love interest. He refused to see that he was controlling, harassing me by digitally abusing me and gaslighting me making me the bad guy. But that isn't the reason. I am also trying to quit alcohol for a while starting today. But that isn't why I am so sad.

I crave more out of my life. I have established my independence and thought about everything I have and not what I have lost. I am not getting much out of my life and I am not having fun.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Easter Blues

Hi @TheJuZShoW 

Thank you for reaching out here on the Forums!

I acknowledge that Easter can be a challenging time for some people and me included. I just want you to know that staying in touch here on the Forums and with your supports is a really good thing to do and I congratulate you for that! It can be a while between psychology appointments and there can be some difficult things to process in between. Please reach out here at Sane or contact 24/7 crisis supports if you need to talk about the things on your mind. In the moment it can be really beneficial to talk things through and hear your thoughts out loud with someone who is supportive. Sane Counsellors are available Monday to Friday 10 am to 6 pm at the moment, slightly reduced hours due to some training we are having until May.

Relationships are challenging and people can do things that we don't like or make us feel worse.

1800RESPECT could help you process what happened with your ex love if you want to talk about it more. 

• 1800RESPECT: 1800 737 732

I also want to acknowledge your craving to have more out of your life and quitting alcohol today. It's got to be day one at some time so stay strong and think about what you can replace it with and how you can experience life moving forward.

Perhaps you could plan something nice for yourself for the rest of the long weekend? Do you have any hobbies that you do or would like to take up?

Take care 

RiverSeal 

Re: Easter Blues

I have no wise words for you @TheJuZShoW but can I share some of this?

5D18A7DF-F6DD-4982-A1DB-2753AA3618D9.jpeg

 sitting with you 💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance