Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

agreed i would find peer groups useful

thats why I joined the forums to feel less alone with it all  Smiley Surprised

Re: Topic Tuesday // Being a Carer in a Regional Community // Tues 19th March, 7pm AEDT

Haha @Former-Member I bet you say that to all the band members you have met from an Abba Tribute band Smiley Wink What is your favourite Abba track?

@Former-Member  Big Welcome!

abba.gif

@Former-Member The peer model is definitely helpful! Normalising is a very powerful tool, and also knowing this is a collective journey and we aren't totally alone.

@Former-Member Would you be willing to meet locally or would you prefer an online discussion forum like this?

Sorry to hear this @Shaz51 that's why it's so great we can have these discussions, to begin breaking down the notion of stigma so that people can access services Heart big love.

@Former-Member please don't think you are alone, there are approximately 240,00 mental health carers in Australia, part of 2.7 million unpaid carers...it's an issue and connecting with each other is key.

lovvvveeee it @nashy 

thank yoh @Arafmi_Ltd  xx

Hey I’m new here, but my partner and I are isolated to the max where it is making things worse.

love the big hugs @nashy  Smiley Very HappyHeart

Alrighty great to see everyone settling in during our first question 😄

Onto Question 2! Keen to get the communities input here…It can be challenging when less jobs are available amongst Regional Australia, what do you find to be the most challenging aspect of caring in regards to income?

@Arafmi_Ltd  @Shaz51  @Former-Member @Determined @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance