Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Thanks everyone.

Yes my journal writing doesn't always come easily (or naturally) @Shaz51

I find it very helpful though.

It's my only means of self-expression, quite often.

Adge

Re: Topic Tuesday // Feeling anxious when away from your loved one // Tues. 24 Apr. 7pm - 9pm AEST

Getting on the forum and having others contribute is helpful too. Being anonymous is helpful because you can say things you don't want yo burden others with and others understand. For example @Shaz51 will understand when I say Mr D was lawn mowing with both catcher shutes blocked off and it was not till I sorted it that he realised the mower performance was suboptimal....

Not sure how I would go now if we went back I to crisis, the attempt changed things.

@Tanglefoot, you will find a lot about self care on the forum, took me too long to 'get' this. Finding joy I'm the simple things I stopped doing is making a difference.

Thank you @NikNik

@Former-Member, @Adge, @Jodieanne, @Determined, @Tanglefoot , I have tagged you in the carers hints and tips if you like to have a look

and you are very welcome to have a look around @Jodieanne, @Tanglefoot and we can tag you if you like xx

Thanks @NikNik + everyone 

Just doing a little drop in here .....

@NikNik when I hear ambulance sirens I wonder whether my mr, has passed out in the street when he is out jogging.  While we have no diagnosis and support around him, there is a sense of hyper-vigilance because his behaviour can become problematic towards us quite randomly.

The only thing we can do, apart from raising shields and boundaries, and upholding them, is self-care, and getting on with our own lives ...... (“our” being mine, and the adult kids who are still at home.)

It still feels so surreal to be living with a circumstance that we can’t bring about an intervention for.  The current “unsolvability” of it keeps the tension present.

@Faith-and-Hope I'm a bit the same. We had one stretch where Daughter had about four ambulance trips within six months, and there have been numerous others since. I know one time recently I watched the way an ambulance turned and thought "OK, its not going her way...".

@NikNik, one counselling approach I've come across is asking the question "What is the worst case scenario", with the idea that you can then talk about how you would deal with said "worst case", and thus realise that it's not insurmountable.

But that kind of loses its effectiveness when a realistic "worst case" is genuinely bad. I think then it comes back more to what @Former-Member said- do what you can to establish safety, and beyond that leave it in God's hands.

Hello @Libra

this dicussion was on last night my friend , but you can still look and read

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance