Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

I've never had cats. I think I'm more of a dog person @outlander @Lauz @CheerBear @Shaz51 

Re: Topic Tuesday //The pet effect: animals are good for our wellbeing! // Tues 18 Feb, 7pm AEDT

Screen Shot 2020-02-17 at 11.54.50 am.png

While others keep joining us lets start to share what positive impacts we have each had from pets or the animals in our lives, or that we have previously had in our lives (or maybe the ones some of us hope to one day have *meow 😉) ?

@BlueBay thats cool! I have grown up with cats, have my first dog now and have always brought home whatever stray or injured animal I find! We can all safely say we love the animals in our lives - whether thats cats, dogs or lizards!

Hi @Lauz @outlander @BlueBay @CheerBear @Shaz51 

My old lab inspires me daily.

She soldiers on in spite of health issues, still enjoys life, and is a loyal friend.

@Lauz 
Positive impact - she needs a daily walk which is good for my health

she protects me 

comforts me when I'm really sad 

she opens my bedroom door during the night to tell me she needs to go outside 

she missed me when I was in hospital she jumps on me and loves to lick 

Hi @frog oh your lab sounds lovely!

I think thats a great point around animals - sometimes their determination or resilience can really help motivate and inspire us, would you all agree? 

Dogs can be pretty great @BlueBay 💙

I find so many positive impacts having my furbabies @Lauz. They bring me lots of comfort. When I wake up with a fright (as I do a lot) and reach down to feel a soft, fluffy, purring body next to me I can settle back to sleep much quicker. They can be so entertaining too, especially when they get the zoomies and race around the house. They just bring another level or different kind of life to our house 🙂

Hi everyone @Lauz @Shaz51 

My pets (birds & cat) are in fact my Only company at home - for the past 9 years.

I have been a bird enthusiast for more than 30 years, kept birds as a teenager.

I have more than 50 feathered friends (family) - about 9 different bird species. Mainly finch species & canaries, Plus some parrot species.

Plus one cat, who thinks she Rules the Roost...

She is my 4th cat, my others are now gone sadly.

Today has been hell - finished off my my being so overwhelmed, that my hands will not work to type this.

Copy & Paste refused to work - when I needed it to, to type this.

The Reminder Notification for this discussion never came through - even though I had registered for it.

Adge

She sounds like a lovely dog @frog a true battler

I find that having to walk my dog is good for my morning routine. 

She contributes to getting me me moving even though I don't always feel like it

@Shaz51 @Lauz @BlueBay @outlander @CheerBear 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance