Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Work-life balance as a Carer// Tues 22nd September , 7-8:30PM AEST

@Former-Member I am sorry to hear that. It must be very difficult to have the majority of your income relying on only the carer payment. 

Re: Topic Tuesday // Work-life balance as a Carer// Tues 22nd September , 7-8:30PM AEST

I am not a carer myself. However, I have heard from a close friend that it could be challenging to manage one’s day/time when your caring responsibilities clash with your other duties. Before I move on to the next question,  I do want to take my hat off to all the carers on the forums and others out there. Y’all are so amazing!

@Shaz51 @Former-Member 
What does "hats off" mean? - Question about English (US) | HiNative

Hello everyone just popping in for now. Has been a long day here and wasnt suppose to be. Just cooking tea now so ill be back soon

and then is me @Peonies , @Former-Member , that i will need a kidney transplant in the future 

hello @outlander , looking after your pop must be hard at times 

@Peonies 

Hi @outlander, welcome to tonight's event~ please feel free to jump in whenever you are ready Heart

My husband is on DSP @Peonies , we manage very well on this and my carer payment. I would gladly give up work to focus on caring full time for Mr Darcy but as well as his bipolar ii he has a terminal illness. I need to keep this work so that when he passes I will have at least something to bring in income.

I am really sorry to hear that you will need a kidney transplant in the future @Shaz51 
The physical health problems must not be easy for you at all. 

one of the biggest challanges i face as a carer is trying to balance my own life outside of caring. @Peonies as much as i love my grandfather i would sometimes just really like my own space to go out and not have to worry if hes ok, if hes eaten, if hes at home and safe etc. every minute i worry about his safety due to his demetia but also trying to remind myself that i can go out for an hour or so and he will be alright

Can you list 3 key things you have found to help in addressing the challenges you have mentioned? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance