Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

GrevilleaBlooms
Senior Contributor

Be a part of the ALIVE Lived Experience Research Collective!

Hi all, 

We thought we'd just spread the word about an opportunity to take part in a lived experience research committee lead Group, with the ALIVE National Centre for Mental Health Research Translation. 

The group assists to embed people with lived experience of mental ill health to strengthen lived experience research - and make sure that the voices of people who've navigated the mental health system are heard at every level. 

If you're interested in finding out more, you can read the details of the expression of interest here-

It's available to anyone across Australia 

The aims of the initiative are: 

1) improve experience of care through more effective and innovative models of care and health system redesign;
2) reduce early mortality through evidence-based strategies for addressing physical, behavioural, psychological and other determinants;
3) foster innovative, multidisciplinary approaches to mental health by bringing together a diverse range of stakeholders with Lived-Experience and professional expertise to define the issues, provide evidence for solutions, deliver improved health outcomes and outlooks for people living with mental illness; and
4) engage and develop the next generation of mental health research leaders

If you're interested in joining the lived experience research collective, you can also do that here

Just tagging some of our amazing community guides who may be interested in taking part- but this is open to anyone who may be interested! 

@NatureLover @jem80 @Aniela @Anastasia @Faith-and-Hope @the-hams @Shaz51 @AussieRecharger @ShiningStar @outlander @HenryX @wellwellwellnez @Eve7 @pinklollipop15 @maddison @Boo13 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Be a part of the ALIVE Lived Experience Research Collective!

it says unsupported protocol when I press the hypertext "here" so I cannot see what it is about... tek??

@Appleblossom the lower link in the first post (assuming that's the one you tried to click - it also didn't work for me) accidentally had an extra full stop at the end. 

Either delete the last full stop or try this one: https://livedexperience.alivenetwork.com.au 

Hey it worked @TheVorticon  You are genius.

@GrevilleaBlooms I would like to respectfully suggest in such cases that you tag so many CGs that you include everyone. Exclusion of some perpetuates the exclusion that some already feel.

Hi @Zoe7 , I am so sorry for my error here- I had understood that some people were taking a bit of a break from the program at the moment, and I wanted to respect those boundaries and didn't want to make people feel like there was pressure to take part in this if that was the case. My intention definitely wasn't to exclude anyone- I'm really sorry for that. 

Excellent catch, thank you @TheVorticon ! I'd copied it from their webpage, which also had the same error- that will teach me for not checking links before I post! I'll fix that up in the body of the post now, thank you! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance