Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

GrevilleaBlooms
Senior Contributor

Have your voices heard: join the National Mental Health Commission "Making Connections" Consultations

GrevilleaBlooms_0-1657761597956.jpeg

Hello friends, family members and carers, 

We know that a lot of you have a range of different experiences with the mental health system, and there's an incredible depth of knowledge, experience, and wisdom in this forum that deserves to be heard and amplified.

Your voices are vital to understanding what is and isn't working in the mental health system, so we wanted to share this opportunity to get involved with the National Mental Health Commission's Making Connections consultation. 

They'd like to hear your experiences of the mental health and suicide prevention system in Australia, and explore what an accessible, equitable and inclusive mental health system that's based on lived experience might look like. 

There's 2 ways you can do this: 

1. By completing this online survey
  2. By joining a community consultation in your area- these are being held at 34 locations around Australia. You can find out more about where those are and register hereGrevilleaBlooms_1-1657761652548.jpeg

Here's some more information from the commission about the purpose of the consultation, and what they'll be looking at:

Many Australians have an experience of the mental health and suicide prevention system,

whether they have reached out to a service, provided care and support to a family member or

friend who has a lived or living experience of mental ill-health, or they are involved in

delivering mental health or suicide prevention services.

The National Mental Health Commission will launch the Making Connections for your Mental Health and Wellbeing (Connections2022) program in July 2022. During this program, we invite you to share your experience of the mental health and suicide prevention system.

Connections 2022 is an opportunity to share how the mental health system is working for you and your community, any challenges you have experienced that impact your mental health and wellbeing, and thoughts about what a functioning mental health system would look like for you:

• What has been the biggest challenge for your community in the past 2 years? 
  • What has supported your mental health during those times? 
  • How will you know when things are getting better for your mental health? 
  • What improvements would you like to see happening in your community? 

For more information you can also call toll free 1800 220 246 or email

community@making-connections.com.au

Your voice is vital to understanding what is and isn’t working and if real and impactful

change is being made in communities across Australia. By sharing your experience, you can

help the Commission to build evidence that shapes outcomes for future national mental

health and suicide prevention reform.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Have your voices heard: join the National Mental Health Commission "Making Connections" Consultations

Re: Have your voices heard: join the National Mental Health Commission "Making Connections" Consultations

Hi @Shaz51 no meetings in my area so filled out the online survey last night. Hope you’re doing okay my friend 🙏❤️ Bitterly cold here today so an afternoon of fire and reading. 

Sounds like a good afternoon @Krishna 

Stay warm my friend 

It was about 10 here which is unheard-of @tyme 

Hehehe @Shaz51 - 10 is the norm for us 🙂 

We managed 9 today @Shaz51 woohoo after a few below 0 starts to the day. Not my favourite season as I miss my therapeutic ocean floats and firewood collecting and splitting is just plain hard work. Stay warm xx

Wow 😱🥶🥶 @Krishna , @tyme xx 

Hence I'm rugged up in an Oodie + three blankets + Ugg boots + beanie + heater @Shaz51 . 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance