Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Epione
Casual Contributor

Online Support Group

Hi everyone, I am looking for recommendations for an online support group, especially if it's based in Melbourne. I am young and studying at uni, recovering from complex PTSD. I haven't been able to find any support group for young people recovering from severe mental illness (although there are lots for mild to moderate anxiety and depression but I just can't relate) let alone online so I would love some help! It's really hard to meet anyone at uni who understands what its like to live with a mental illness that isn't just uni related stress, I know there are people out there but I just don't know where to find them! Thank you so much if you read this whole post ❤️ Sending love to everyone who is also trying to get through this pandemic with their mental health intact 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Online Support Group

hi @Epione
unfortuantly we cant reccomend specific support groups for areas due to anonimity reasons however if your 18+ your most welcome to join in here. we are all in australia though scattered throughout. im sure many people can relate to you though including myself being young and also having ptsd among other diagnosis

theres also forums on Beyond Blue and Reachout (reachout is for those between 14-25 so young people) that your welcome to join as well.

Hi @Epione 

It might be difficult for you to relate to people on-line but as long as you are 18+ you are welcome to try finding help here - we are glad to have you here and I would like to welcome you

I had a lot of personal problems when I was at university and I was a mature age student. I found it useful to talk to the councellors there and also the chaplains - I had a lot of support and eventually granduated with honours and consider it important to study as it was the whole process of learning and findig new ideas so useful in coping with a situation that was more that anyone could manage - as I see well all these years in retrospect

I wish you the best and hope you can find help here - @outlander  has welcomed you here already and she in young and does courses - and she knows more about how things are for young people then I do - 

But I am glad you found us - and this is a forum where people support each other - we are anonymous and it is a safe place - so yes - welcome

Dec

Hey @Epione just checking in as to how you are travelling today? Heart

Thank you that is very lovely 

Thank you @Owlunar for welcoming me 💓

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance