Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Former-Member
Not applicable

Trigger warning content in this human rights article

I have just found this article, which made me cry. It amazes me that we're in the 21st century and people with disabilities including psychosocial disabilities, are unrecognised as having equal human rights. Such disgusting and detailed information, yet again, will shed more awareness on lack of services and support, which I feel needs to be passed on to the Government. This article gave me the feeling after reading it, that I'm safest tucked away at home, locked up. Due to my permanent disability, I'm already "non-existent", a fly on the wall in society. Currently my support workers, some medical people, and this forum are my only access to people. Just... Wow!

https://pwd.org.au/resources/disability-info/student-section/human-rights-violations/ 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Trigger warning content in this human rights article

Thanks for sharing this article, @Former-Member. For me, it makes me feel grateful for what I've got, and angry on behalf of all the people who aren't as fortunate as I am. I'm looking forward to using my vote later this year to try to do some good in the world, and if I had super, I'd be following friendlyjordies' advice ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTAzb7UbJ6M&ab_channel=friendlyjordies ) and switching my superannuation to an ethical fund.

Interesting post, fascinating reading

My approach to to the problem may not be everyone's cup of tea, and probably only works for me, but I that if stay locked away at home I'll just become suicidal, so staying home is also unsafe. I study music and languages, that's my refuge, my ability to learn and study and music, and thanks to technology I can take that refuge with me anywhere...and that means I don't have to retreat to withdraw, detach, or transport myself elsewhere. ..And if someone's being abusive on the phone hang up on
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance