Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: People pleasing. I tried to convince myself I was cooperating instead of pleasing. This changed my mind.

@Owlunar  I'm glad the self care kit came out yesterday. I read elsewhere it was an anniversary. Always hard. Yes, I hope to get out of hospital Friday. Not my favourite spot, but sometimes a landing from the fall, thought not necessary a soft landing.

Yes a bigger discussion than any of us thought. So many different experiences and thoughts. So good to get a glimpse into others experiences and build our own. Hope your day is okish, sounds better already.

Re: People pleasing. I tried to convince myself I was cooperating instead of pleasing. This changed my mind.

Hi @Maggie 

It's great - sharing does help - maybe we find out the truth about the world generally - or part of the world - our part - I keep trying

Yes - I got the self-care package out yesterday - it's bin day on Wednesday and it was an effort to get the bins out onto the street where the men coming with huge machines and crunch the rubbish and take it away - it rained all afternoon yesterday - it cleared for a while in the evening and I took all the rubbish out - it was my big deal for the day.

The anniversary is not until the middle of next month - 4 weeks - it gets harder now - it used to be the whole time he was in Juvey which was 3.5 months - really bad - how much of my life was used up in grief amazes me now - this year has been so much better - 4 bad days as against nearly 4 months - but let's see how I go for the last stretch

But thanks - I really appreciate it that people care so much - it has helped so much - it's taken me years to really share but totally worth it - totally

Dec

@Owlunar @Maggie 

Renewal is important.

Smiley Happy

Lately I am experimenting with how much non people pleasing I can express without stretching friendships or relationships.  Not so much that I am tied to "what people think" but the truth is I do care, but being less naive.  SOmehow having processed a lot more of my story makes me more grounded, even though my basic personality is still the same.

@Owlunar  I've thought about the hamburger and chip game a lot. I would worry and try harder and harder, but eventually... I would give in and come to the same conclusion you did eventually.

Also the titanic analogy. Firstly I saw myself with the musicians, going down with the ship. Then I looked at all the things I've survived and recon I've be right beside in the life boat, pulling others in. I too love the movie, and The song.. My heart must go on.

Hope today is okish in your world.

20200513-144554_1.jpeg

20200513-144602_1.jpeg

I'll just plop this here. Read it in this month's Women's Weekly 💌

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance