Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Dissassociative disorder buddies?

Hi everyone,

Wasn't planning on asking cos I figured I wouldn't have much luck but I've been trying to find a childhood trauma support group that operates online (like zoom) - again, I thought a dissassociative one might be too specific.

Because this forum seems pretty active : ) thought I would try a different approach and see if anyone on here wanted to just say hi and get together to chat via the forum or private messages?

Because I'm new and tech-silly I can't figure out how to send individual messages but if anyone wants a "buddy" please feel free to reach out, I appreciate there's lots of different links posted but would be nice if there was one with everyone "gathered together"...not sure if there's already one?

(Wrote dissassociative disorder not DID to cover anyone DIDNos or with derealisation, or those who dissassociate in response to triggers etc etc..trying to catch a wide dissassociative net lol)

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Dissassociative disorder buddies?

I don't know of one personally but i know this youtuber called DissociaDID who makes lots of videos about DID and dissosiation. They might be able to share some resources. Hope you are well!x

Hey @Former-Member, welcome Smiley Very Happy

The forums don't have a private messaging system, but you're always welcome to start a thread or pop in on others'. I like the buddy system idea, you can always tag folks by putting @ symbol in front of their name and they will get a notification.

If you want to you can always come and join the Friday Feast - it's a social thread that runs every week and gives everyone an opportunity to come together and share a meal, or just share some stories, jokes, memes, whatever you like! 

You're always welcome to tag a mod as well (@Former-Member ) if you have any questions. Hope you enjoy exploring the forums and I'm sure you'll make some lovely connections here Heart 

@Former-Member  Don't know of any groups or anything like that but I have a dissociative disorder I guess. Or at least something that means I dissociate a fair bit . 
Hi 👋 

I’m new this is my first imput Hello

I tube thanks
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance