Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Gypsy11
Casual Contributor

Hello

I've just joined the Forums. I have anxiety and depression and am currently recovering from a relapse which happened 2 years ago. I was hospitalised for the first time in 35yrs and it has left me traumatised from the experience. 

I stayed in bed for all of last year but this year I am trying to get out of bed and cope through the day.

I look forward to learning and interacting in the Forums.

Best Regards.

16 REPLIES 16
hanami
Senior Contributor

Re: Hello

Hi there @Gypsy11 

Welcome to the forums, it's so great to have you here! I'm one of the peer support workers here at Sane.

I'm so sorry you had that experience in hospital. Have you seen a psychologist or counsellor at all to talk about your feelings to? Trauma can have a huge impact on your life that's for sure. I'm going to tag some other members who are great at welcoming newcomers and offering kind words

I look forward to seeing you around

Hanami

@Anastasia  @AussieRecharger  @BPDSurvivor  @Faith-and-Hope  @HenryX  @jem80  @Judi9877  @NatureLover  @outlander  @Shaz51  @ShiningStar  @Snowie  @Hams  @wellwellwellnez  @Zoe7  @Aniela  @Boo13  @CrazyChick  @maddison  @pinklollipop15  @Eve7 @frog @TAB @Meowmy @Dimity @tonys 

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hey @Gypsy11  great to have you here on the forums. It’s a pretty safe and nonjudgmental place 🙂

sorry about your experience with hospital. I think unfortunately a lot of people experience trauma from hospital admissions, including myself. It keeps me safe, but it’s really triggering for me. Hopefully some others will be along and can share their experiences too. 

Hey @Gypsy11 

I just wanted to say I like the goal you have given yourself... Does it build toward something?  Such as if you get out of bed every day then I will also be able to achieve... 

Do you have someone to talk to regarding the trauma?  

Eve7
Community Guide

Hi @Gypsy11 welcome to the forums.

I’m sorry you’ve been unwell the past couple of years but it sounds like you’re moving forward now so we’ll done. I also had a relapse a couple of years ago after many years of good health.

I hope you meet some helpful people here.

Take care 💚💛💚

Dimity
Senior Contributor

Hello @Gypsy11 congratulations on taking those steps of deciding to face each day and of reaching out to these forums. Depression can be such a burden - sharing our struggles can help lighten the load.

I'm bipolar but have had severe depression for a long time. I try to walk every day and am working on rediscovering pleasure in small achievements. Nurturing ourselves with self-care activities is important too - there are lots of ideas on these pages. But mutual support is the most valuable for me.

You might like to chat on social threads, or post your daily achievements on the thread Daily Achievements! or share what you're thankful for in GRATITUDE . 

To reply to people in a message you can type @ then select their name from a pop-up list like I have done with your name @Gypsy11 . That will send them a notification.

Looking forward to seeing you around

Cheers

Dimity

tonys
Senior Contributor

@Gypsy11 hi there  i have a habit of sending posts to the wrong people so hope this hits the right landing strip.. mate it sounds like youve really been put through it ..  a big hug from me buddy,  and i have to tip my hat to you.  asking for help with anything can be a real stump jumper.   ive only been on this site for a few weeks, and found it by accident, when i was trying to find a dating site for autistic, intellectualy disabled people.  first time on a computor and first time on a social site..  if you ever come across my old letters here you will be in no doubt, if they let me in the door,  they will welcome you with open arms... my farm animals used to have to listen to all my hair brain schemes and maniacal mutterings.. now i just bewilder these people.. .. my animals won a reprieve,   sane forum folk take more head ache pills.... its a win win...  its a good place to spill, vent, write, create,  and,,.. they cant find me to lock me up !...  all that aside,  i really hope you catch a break mate..  cockatoos to comedy,  poetry to pole dancing.  grab it .. use it..  a whirl wind off well wishes headed your way from tonys at moon base one..

Gypsy11
Casual Contributor

Thank you for replying to my post. I look forward to sharing my lived experience with you all.

Best Regards,

Gypsy

Gypsy11
Casual Contributor

Thank you for your reply and information.  I really appreciate it. 

Best Wishes

Gypsy

Gypsy11
Casual Contributor

Thank you for your reply. I look forward to sharing  my lived experience and participating in the Forums.

Best Wishes,

Gypsy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance