Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Lori19
New Contributor

Im a newbie.

Hi. Im so looking forward to being here. 

OK so I actually got a lot going on.  

1. Recent diagnosis and treatment of ADHD for mr 7 (yrs old). 

2. My eldest daughter miss 24 incarcerated and schizophrenic 

3. And then there's me.  2 mental health conditions, and counting, 

I was almost at my wits end, then ii stumbled across this place. 😭but I got this 👍🏾

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Im a newbie.

Hi @Lori19 ,
I'm Radius, one of the moderators here. I just wanted to welcome you to the forums and thank you for reaching out. The other members in here are amazing and supportive and I am glad you felt comfortable enough to make a post. Please reach out as needed and thank you for opening up about your situation. Sounds like a complex dynamic of supporting others and looking after yourself. 
Radius 

Hi @Lori19  and welcome to the forums! I'm glad you found them and have chosen to reach out for support. That takes courage so I'm very proud of you. Well done👍

I'm Judi9877, a Community Guide here on the forums whose role is to welcome newbies and show them around, just like what the wonderful @Radius has said earlier. I also have mental illnesses x 3, one of those being schizophrenia like your daughter so I can try and offer some advice and support should you need it. There are lots of different areas that you might like to explore on the forums such as a craft area called Re: Craft Corner.Number 4 attempt  if you're interested as well as sports threads, animal threads and even a gardening thread. I should ask what things are you interested in as that would be the best way to direct you around the forums. Sorry! 

You might like to have a look around and see what's on offer. Always remember there are lots of wonderful people here who are willing to share their experiences of mental health, including some forum members who are parents as well. 

I hope to see you around! Take care!

Judi9877☺️💐👋

Hi @Lori19 ,

Welcome to the forums! Great you can join us here. It looks like the wonderful @Judi9877 and @Radius have already introduced themselves.

I guess this is a place you can hang out, vent (respectfully and within guidelines), support others, ask questions etc. Have a browse around.

Having a child with ADHD can be challenging, but there's also a lot you can do to support him to develop the strategies to live very successfully. This may include self-soothing to go to sleep, strategies to help with organisation, strategies to re-direct himself back to a task, break down tasks into achieve able goals. There's no end!

Please continue to reach out and I hope you find the support you need and deserve here.

BPDSurvivor

Hi @Lori19 

Welcome to the forum and I hope you find it helpful like I have.

If you type @ deopbox will appear and you can tag us or alternatively type @ and type in members if they don't appear in the drop box. I am sure you will find your way around the forum and remmeber we are all here to support one another and to lift each other up. Hope to see you in the forum

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance