Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Donnoanything
New Contributor

Is there really an end to this?

Hi, I am new here, first time posting. 

A little bit about myself. I have depression, complex family issues, currently going through some very tough relationship issues. 

Everything just got me thinking, is there an end to my mental issues? I studied psychology, am a trained social worker, I know everything, but nothing is working on me. 

Sometimes I just wonder do I really have depression? Or is everything I am feeling are normal emotions that everyone will feel in my situation? 

I was taking medicine or my depression, but I stopped taking it recent days, I don't see a point of keep taking them. I still feel.....bad.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is there really an end to this?

Hi. I was just thinking about what you said .is it depression or normal reactions? Sometimes, depression is the normal reaction that comes from what we go through. I wouldn't be too worried right now about time frames. It will run its course. But how you treat it will affect that somewhat.If you have a gp that you trust and they prescribe something, there might be something to it. No anti depp works instantly. It took awhile for you to become unwell, recovery could take that long too. Makes sense. For me, I started looking for the things I could do to help myself get better. Knowledge is a great help. Research and read, when you can. And reaching out here is great too.

Dont be too hard on yourself @Donnoanything 

Many people study social work and psychology, driven by a need to understand their own circumstances.  I did too! Sorta.  It has helped me, as I am sure things would have been a lot worse if I did not have some insight and awareness.

Re diagnosis ... if a diagnosis will enable you to apply treatment or strategies that help ...

Re meds ... its another million dollar question ... it is only part of a solution and you have the right to use your knowledge to work out the best way for you.  All humans struggle. Only dishonest ones pretend they dont.

Take Care

Apple

Hi @Donnoanything 

Welcome to the Forums and thank you for posting!

I'm sorry to hear you are going through a tough time at the moment.

It's great that you have all those qualifications under your belt and you know about MH. Practicing it might take some effort and focus to apply it to yourself. Maybe make a list of all the things you would recommend to someone else and work your way through it.

It can take a while to see results and some things might just not suit you at the moment.

It's good to have a discussion with your doctor about medications and whether they are right for you. It's your choice in the end but good to get advice from a professional before you make a decision for the long term.

Thanks again for reaching out on the Forums!

Take care,

RiverSeal

Thank you everyone for your reply and support...

Every time I thought things is getting better, something happened and slap me right on the face... I though things could not get any worse, but reality just kept proving me wrong... What to do...

Sometimes we can be stuck in the trap of only seeing the things that aren't working. And we usually find what we are looking for.  

Perhaps an effort into seeing the things that are working and feeling grateful for that, could offset all the neg? I guess it's attitude that can help us to find some light, when we feel it's been dark forever .

Just looking for something helpful

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance