Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Jacqui297
Casual Contributor

New

Hello all👋,i am new to this forum.I am a parent of an adult who has long term mental health issues.I have no one to talk to or any support who understands my daily life struggles trying to help my son who is transgender. Hopefully this forum can give me some insight on other carers perspectives and hopefully assist others. Thanks for reading ❤

10 REPLIES 10
cloudcore
Senior Contributor

Re: New

Hi @Jacqui297 ,

Welcome to the forums, it's great that you have reached out here Smiley Happy

I am not a carer myself but I just wanted to say I hear your struggles and I hope you are able to find people to talk to here. It must be difficult to care for another whilst trying to take care of yourself, with no support. 

We have an event happening in two weeks: Topic Tuesday // "You don't have to be isolated as a carer" // Tues 26th October, 7pm-8:30pm AEDT 

It might be a good opportunity for you to connect to other carers and discuss ways to connect to others. Would you be interested in this? 

Heart from cloudcore

Paperdaisy
Peer Support Worker

Welcome @Jacqui297 I hope you find some support here Heart

Jacqui297
Casual Contributor

Yes,i would be interested in this event.Thank you!

AlwaysHappy
Senior Contributor

Hi @Jaquii297, welcome. I hope I can offer some understanding and support. I am a parent of a teen who is non-binary and has mental health issues. It is a daily challenge. I have found this forum to be quite supportive so far. Wishing you well ❤️
Rhye
Senior Contributor

Welcome @Jacqui297 , it's great to see you've found your way to this wonderfully supportive forum, and if you can make it to the next Topic Tuesday event, as @cloudcore so kindly linked you to, I'm sure you'll meet other carers who can relate. 

Hope to see you there Smiley Happy

Rhye

Jacqui297
Casual Contributor

Thank you so much,its so good to find people who understand.I have felt so isolated for so long.

Tinker67
Senior Contributor

hello @Jacqui297 

I'm glad you've joined the forum.  I'm a carer in lots of directions in my family, but probably the role that demands the most of me as a carer is for our 17yo son who had schizophrenia and OCD.  I really appreciate connecting with other carers too, welcome. 

Jacqui297
Casual Contributor

Thank you,its lovely to meet you! 

Hi everyone I'm poppyfriend and i currently care for people that either have dementia or are going to have dementia-related needs soon. have been unable to create a new post because my computer is not being kind 🙂 

I think I can relate that being a carer means it's a lot of work some days are good and then some are not so good.

For me it's hard because i am still somewhat young myself and i don't have that many friends in my own age group that do normal young people stuff and have caring responsibilities in the mix as well. 

Thanks for listening to me vent and i hope everyone here has a beautiful evening - take care of yourselves! 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance