Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Pheonix1
Casual Contributor

Newbie today!

Hey everyone! 

Just came across this group while doing research on MH disorders and trying to get my head around what's wrong with me 😔😔

I'm living the dream in SE Qld & have lived here for 20 years now, born in NZ, female, sepated 10 years, 2 teens. 

Long story short; have been unable to work due to hronic health conditions, and have just been diagnosed by a psychiatrist MDD & Comorbid Anxiety, along with FDV & CPTSD ...I have so much going on and don't know where to start 😪 

AND returned a positive RAT test this morning. Go Me! 

Hows everyones Sunday going?

Thanks for reading 🥰🥰

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Newbie today!

Hey @Pheonix1! A very warm welcome to you!! 🎉

It sure sounds like you have a lot going on right now and it can feel totally overwhelming trying to get your head around it all at once. Getting a new diagnosis can be both confronting but also empowering too.

We have so many wise and wonderful people here on the Forums and I hope you can feel that this is a safe space to ask any questions, get some support, and share wins/challenges. 

SANE has a range of good information for many diagnoses available here: https://www.sane.org/information-and-resources/facts-and-guides That might be of interest

Take good care of yourself, it is all one step at a time 💛

Kind regards

Peregrinefalcon

Bow
Senior Contributor

Hey @Pheonix1  welcome to the forums! Glad you happen to stumble upon us in your searching today. Hope that it becomes a safe place for you to gain some support and friendship. 

There are a few people on here who also have chronic health conditions alongside their mental health issues. 

wishing you well

🎀

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi Newbie,

Sounds rough - you got a lot going on. I'm relatively new too.
My days ok just a little bored but going out shortly.
Take care of yourself.

Hi Phoenix,

I'm a newbie too & still getting my head around being part if a forum.

Its no wonder you feel overwhelmed atm with so much going on. I do hope you will see the light at the end of the tunnel very shortly & that you don't get too sick with covid. 

Thanks so much for the warm welcome 🙏 🤗 

I've been really struggling with covid and the isolation from my partner, I think that's been the hardest part 😫 

I will look through the link provided, thanks again 🙏 

Thanks so much, covid is awful but I'm getting there
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance