Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Circles and cycles

Hi Hobbit,
I'm taking your comment and hold onto it while I do things today.
I've had a lot going on.....I wrote about my latest hiccup on the forum.

I've found, with all my studies I did which I threw myself into ....and other stuff, I still feel exhausted and worn out. This may be because of medication or my age.....
I think of why am I struggling to work? Is it my resume? Is it my exercise? Is it me ?

My family has always been aggressive to me, my mum's approval has been important, I think because of my own head injuries when I was 16 to 26: when they were at their worst, she wasn't coping and left the state I live in to have 'time out.'
She is surprised how I've carried myself concerning my own children's mental well being and things are changing to the positive.

Somewhere I read that if your parent isn't in your life when your a teenager, I is hard for them to get to know you when your older. ....that is me and poor Mum.
But now almost at 47 years old ....I'm finding it difficult getting back to work and applying for even part time work.
And I just got a rejection....that's usually okay but I have so much happening, I just want to curl up and go to sleep.

Is this too much has happened, take 10 years off and youlle be strong again? I remember reading...somewhere.... Carl Jung took 10 years off when his friendship with Freud ended, he was so overwhelmed.... I think of myself and reason that I don't really need to work...can this happen for myself?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance