Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Pets for carers

Thanks for sharing SneeSnee. It seems that so many people are on board with the pets as "therapy" idea. I don't have a puppy just now but I do share the RSPCA and Sydney Cats and Dogs home pictures around. I figure that it might make people smile and that lifts my spirits.

Harry

Great idea, Harry! I love seeing pictures of pets - brightens up my day. 🙂

Excellant BeHappy. Naughty puppies hehehehehehe.

So many beautiful stories. Thanks for sharing. I have also always had animals. Their love and loyalty is unconditional.

Pets are great, even when they are naughty.

http://justsomething.co/34-hilarious-images-of-animals-being-jerks/ 

a valid contribution....a pet bringing joy and love to individuals
Personally, I have had sibling rivalry issues with dogs all my life, in that my mother seemed to love her dogs more than she loved me (lol) and never liked the thought of having dogs until my youngest son moved out of home.
My friends came over one day and went on line to Gum tree where we all picked up little silky terrier....I've had him for 4 years now...he's the love of my life.....don't tell my partner !!

I got my dog , my little silky terrier and it is always the topic of conversation whenever I feel overwhelmed...

I bought a dog about 7 years ago with the idea that she would be company for my husband when I was at work.  They get on together so well that I really understand the comment about "sibling rivalry".  Whenever my husband comes home (be it after a few hours or a few days) he always spends around 10 minutes making a fuss of the dog and telling her how much he loves her.  He then walks over, slings an arm around my shoulders, says "hello darling", gives me a perfunctuary kiss and walks off inside - usually leaving me to pick up his luggage.

Maybe I'll get a cat. Smiley Happy

JT
Senior Contributor

The dog we had when my eldest was born was one of those intuitive wonders that just followed my son everywhere and knew when I needed her (I had PND). A few years later we found out my son was autistic by which time our dog was his best friend.  She sadly died when he was 12 and he never connected that way with another animal until last year when we found a new edition to our home who I swear is the reincarnation of our old dog 😉  He's just wonderful and looks after us all.  I think having animals around the home is therapy in it's purest form and I don't know what I would do without them.  

Well I'm one of those people who live in an inner city suburb and can't have pets....but no I really want one!!

I have plants...not quite the same!!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance