Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

This round has been the most confident I have ever been @Former-Member . And phone consult is way out of my comfort zone to begin with. Has accurately picked out things that deep down I know but can't articulate. And has identified things I have never considered that make so much sense. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Hello @Determined 

I worked for a customer today that was a real mess this morning 

her ex daughter in law has BPD 

but she is wiorried about her grandson which is showing BPD systems , she is soo worried about her son`s attitude to this 

how is your S2 going xoxo

Hi @Shaz51 

Our S2 is doing relatively ok at the moment.

Still I worry however because he is so much like his mum.

I took the time to listen to some 'music' (Not what I call music) but any way. We listened. It was like wow. This guy is so angry and S2 relates to this. That is a worry.(The artist apparently lost his mum to suicide at a young age and dad was of little support from I could piece together).

I need to make more time to do stuff and talk about stuff with our boys. 

Still processing how to approach this.

On the school front things have gone much better than I had hoped. I was thinking darling had the easy job with s1. Seems not lol. He is just plain hard work.

I have the rest of this week off work so I will be spending more time with S1 to give darling a break. S2 will be dissapointed. Even though he has been mostly self sufficient he has it seems enjoyed working along side me. 

Checking in @Determined 

All quiet here atm @Former-Member 

Next counselling appointment is this week.

Last session homework (only half complete) has clarified  some things in way that has not been done before. 

Really hoping for some direction out of this counselling attempt.  Despite much to be grateful for I am finding it hard to find joy in anything or see anything  meaningful in our future.  Everything is an effort. 

Darling and I making a commitment to daily exercise. Dusted off the bikes this afternoon and that went well. 

Hoping that may also help. 

Cycling seems to work better for trimming down than walking also. Well has proved so for us previously anyway.   There is a reason behind that but I suspect specifics may breach guidelines. 

How did things go today @Determined?

@Former-Member  despite a meltdown late on Saturday yesterday went well. I think darling enjoyed it. 

I took the boys shopping. Was going to be on Saturday but that was taken up with an unexpected task. And they came home.with a years supply of chocolate lol. 

Walking on eggshells again here after another meltdown this afternoon. Ended up cooking my own birthday dinner lol.

(Had it a day late due to children having youth group activities to last night). At least dinner was nice and I did not have to wash up. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance