Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thinking especially of you Bro, high emotions all round = 😔.images (12).jpg

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thanks @Former-Member, appreciate your thoughts.
Darling seems to be doing (relatively) ok at the moment and is out this morning having coffee with a friend so that is positive.

We recently discovered that the palliative care unit MIL is in will be closing soon so working with FIL to find a local solution as there are currently no beds available anywhere in town 😞 lots of paperwork required with the preferred option.    

And just for fun S3 has a viral and middle ear infection. We are discovering that our usually happy little man can be an angry little ant when unwell lol.  He is trying so hard to be happy though. 

@Determined 

Sometimes it seems that no matter what we do, something else seems to go wrong and we just can't win. Hope that things sort soon for MIL and the little man. 🙏

Finally got around to properly watching the ted talk this morning @Former-Member , certinally gives food for thought.  The whole forgiveness and letting go of bitterness and anger is something I agree with and try to work on. There have been times of varying duration where I think I have achieved this and can find some contentment innlife then something happens to trigger an emothon and I am back where I started and it is clear that I have only covered things up but never actually let go...   this ted talk answers some of the why answers around this. Answering some of the questions posed here are quite challenging so more work for determined. 

The biggest hurdle with this too I believe (using myself as an example here) centres around having something or someone to hang on to and blame for how crappy life is distracts from the necessity to take ownership and responsibility for our own emotions and reactions. Something I first identified in my darling but on reflection recognised I was no better. Does not make it any easier to let go though.

Thank you for your thoughts on this, it actually adds weight to an 'internal challenge' that has been weighing on me particularly for the last couple weeks. Prompted by a combination of unrelated conversations, message at church, discussion at a mens bible study etc, the timing of your post and ted talk could not have been better 😊

More drama this afternoon that is causing distress for darling and her dad. Parasite sibling seems to be manipulating mum for material gain. Shows where his heart is. Grub. 

One positive for the weather event in north queensland for us is it is currently preventing him from getting back down here as he is supposedly stranded in his current location. 

@Determined  😞 Hard to deal with in the middle of everything else.

Thinking of you @Determined 

Thanks @Former-Member 

There are some big cracks appearing in darlings composure atm.  We had another near meltdown in the hospital today when visiting mil, triggered by children misbehaving. Thankfully I was able to redirect calm and get us all out before she really lost it. 

Darling admitted to me last night that she is finding it very hard to visit her mum now (I would go so far as to say traumatic by my

observation). I am also finding it quite hard to see her in her current condition. 

I am proud if how darling has remained so composed until now but am concerned where we appear to be going.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance