Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Topic Tuesday // LIVE NOW! // Surviving the festive season overwhelm

@Eagle - internet shopping is my saviour..

Gift vouches, clothes, little trinkets - everything is available these days!

Hi @Shaz51

Are these events things YOU want to go to if you didn't need to consider your husband?

there has been lots of events we have not gone to at the last minute because of anxiety , i have rang up a lot to say that we will not be there

hi coffeegirl     , we will go shopping together , pick out presents for everyone , but by the time the day comes he just can`t go , I have still gone to some of the events by then everyone asks you a hundred questions ??

Hi @Shaz51

That must be tricky for you - those phone calls are tough to make AND you have to worry about managing your husband's anxiety afterwards.

To coffeegirl's question - is this causing you to miss out on events you'd like to be going to?

I just saw your response to coffeegirl @Shaz51

@coffeegirl internet shopping is a good idea actually . I do that for groceries when I know I'm going to be really busy.

@Shaz51 I can relate. My family member works shift work, which I think is one of big issues. We commit to things, but when the time comes - due to work stress, we cancel. It's the worst when we are due to go to a small gathering and our lack of presence stands out more.

I have started to go to these things by myself. I have a good excuse though 'called into work' or 'has been working weird hours'

@coffeegirl @eagle @Shaz51

Do you currently have any hobbies, interests, routines, treats, nice things etc that you currently participate in to take care of yourself (thinking outside of this busy season)?

Currently I have a friend come over every second monday to give me some time out of the house. I find this 'me' time really important.

As I said, I love the beach, so when I can get there, I do.

I'm not so great at "self care" ...

I have been reading about Mindfulness though lately.. I've heard it being mentioned a lot - so I'm thinking I will try it. I found an app called Smiliing Minds which I quite like.. I haven't used it a lot yet, but so far, so good.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance