Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: trying again

Hi @2dream ,

How are you going? It's a very hard situation you are in, and I guess it's made all the worse because there is not much known about Delusional Disorder.

I know you have spoken to ARAFMI, and feel like you are up against a brick wall and I am sorry to hear that. 

What I am thinking is, rather than looking at the disorder, perhaps you might want to simply get some help purely as a person looking after someone with a mental illness. Have you tried contacting Carers Australia? They might be able to link you in with some support, or at least give you some information about caring for partner. The website is here.

Otherwise, keep posting on these forums, as we are all here to offer what support we can, and sometimes just connecting with people such as here can be some great therapy in itself.

Hobbit.

thanks hobbit

sorry to say but carers australia are not in our area, as are no others, yes my partner could have fantastic support if he choices, at the moment no, but for the other side none, though mental health are great, i try and live with illness not delusional disorder as that is impossible, Iknow the in's and out's of DD,  I put up the delusional disorder as i was probablly counting chickens if someone else is dealing with the same thing. do read a lot of the posts and get insight. someone else asked what DD is well if you ask me, basic way of putting it my partner lives in a live of make believe, he only believes what he sees, hears and twist everything in the world to what he believes and as of many mental illness does not believe he is sick and don't need help. Sorry think you got the wrong side of what i was saying about arafmi, i had a good supprot worker and she left, more value than the rearest diamond, but the person that is there at moment sits on the end of phone says nothing when asked for advice says she don't know, that is just about mental illness and how to work with the mental health team, nothing to do with DD. Will plod along like i have for the last five years, always good just to read that we are not the only ones out there, just feels like it at times

thanks heaps

Hi @2dream 

Even though you haven't found exactly what you're looking for, I hope you continue visiting and contributing to these forums. As you said, you're not the only one out there.

Hopefully these forums can help you feel more connected.

NikNik

Hi @2dream 

ust thought I would send you a quick note to see how you are doing?

Hobbit.

GivingMick
Senior Contributor

Re: LOST

My wife has stpd. Schizotypal personality disorder. It comprises of strange behaviours, thinking weirdly, and delusions.
We have been separated for 4 months now. She isn't taking her meds still, and no longer feels as though she needs me. After living with her for 15yrs and taking care of our families needs. I now feel alone and discarded!
cheersquad
Senior Contributor

Re: LOST

Wow @GivingMick it seems like a really tough situation you are in. In my experience people with MI (especially those not under treatment or stable) can only focus on themselves and sometimes they don't even do that. Have you spent some time on yourself??? I know it's key to my survival with my husband. Whilst it isn't the only answer it's a start.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance