Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Still just dont understand

My wife has two children from a previous relationship that are 21 & 20 and we have a 10yr old son together

@BrokenHusband While I hate this acronym, OMG that is the only medication she believes in and takes plenty of it and makes the day after worse for everyone who dares to be in the same location.

Hi

My Wife also is not on the recommended medication and will not see a psych.

Often she tells me she does not want to be married to me  and would be better off moving back to the state she was born in  to be with her "family". I then ask if the kids and I are her family she replies that we are not her real family.(Her sisters and her Mum) Yet at other times thanks me for supporting her and that says she loves me, talking about her plans for "us" in the future, renovating the house etc (sadly most of her visions rely on a greater income than I have). After listening to her reasons for the mixed messsages I think  that she sees me as a scapegoat for the reason she has seen a psych in the past. She really believes by "running away" and living by herself she would not have any problems and her actions "would not be reported back to Mental health services" She is in total denial she has BP and states she has only depression bought on by "physical health problems"

I know how it feels to have your relationship at time mean nothing by your partner. It makes you feel so exausted and worthless. I have found that speaking to my GP or even on occasion I have spoken to a councillor on the phone just for someone to speak to when at my lowest points.

As my wife "copes" at home despite ups and downs that effects her quality of life and ultimately myself and the kids, unless she decides to seek out help there is nothing I or anyone else can do..

So once again it comes down to looking afer yourself. I know how exausting it is, It really becomes an effort to get out and doing something for youself.

I take each day one at a time and try to be optimistic things may improve in the future.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance