Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Hello @Former-Member Heart

I have osteoarthritis in right hand and in the  acetabular margins, and hips

blood pressure was 136  / 82 -- good

need to refocus and get back on a strict diet again or the doctor said " it is not now that is the problem , it is in years to come "

@Maggie, @Jacques , @Smc , @outlander , @Owlunar , @Former-Member , @Faith-and-Hope , @Determined 

@Shaz51 

Image result for sending lots of love and care

thank you @Former-Member , I careabout you a lot too my friend xxx

reading about small 0steophytes at the acetabular margin Smiley Sad

@Former-Member, @Former-Member 

@Shaz51images (49).jpg

Sending gentle thoughts your way @Shaz51 

Really like a drink @Former-Member  but stopping my self 

It is tough when we need to make lifestyle and dietary changes for the benefit of our health @Shaz51. Have you an alternative option or is there something you could divert your attention to?

Something that has helped us is we no longer keep temptations in the house and leave 'occasional treats' for when we go out.  

Yes , very true @Former-Member 

Just talked to Mr shaz at dinner time  about not buying anymore wine and he is good with that as he says it is no good for his bipolar and MI 

We have been so pleased with the measurable health benefits since we started eating healthier @Shaz51 . Mr Ds cholesterol, blood sugars and weight have gone down. I am booked in for follow up next month so will check my progress then.  I have only really ever been a light social drinker so did not find giving up drinking in support of Mr D difficult. As you know psych meds + alcohol are not a good mix. Teamwork has made a difference for us - Mr D won't buy things he knows I would pig out on and it is getting a lot easier to resist temptation when I do the shopping too.

@Former-Member , I never drank until I was 50 and we only had a drink when we were out for dinner  until I was 54 

For the last year it has been 2 drinks a night -- I think mine was because of the aches and pains , so we will find it easy xx 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance