Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Christmas lounge

cec6b18fd71b0303d450845d83c60d43.jpg

@Janiee, maybe you can relate to this. 😄

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 10.39.58 am.png

good morning @Smc, @outlander, @Former-Member, @Janiee, @Hope4me@Appleblossom@Determined@Adge, @Former-Member, @PeppiPatty Smiley Very Happy

pic 4.jpgpic1.jpgth8V370WI9.jpgthR9NDEIAD.jpgthUYWMN60H.jpgthV6KJCC3B.jpgwishing you all  a merry christmas and a safe new year

@Shaz51@Smc@Former-Member@Janiee@Hope4meand everyone 

LoL @Former-Member

Your Christmas shopping cartoon looks like darling and I this morning. Pure madness lol.

Then we got the world's slowest checkout chick. Any slower she would have been going backwards lol . It took longer to get through the checkout than it did to do the shopping. 

The funny DMV sloth joke scene from Zootopia.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Credit goes to @Smc for shopping comic @Determined 😀 

il_340x270.883901478_3a9n.jpg

Yup @Smc it was almost as bad as that.

Scanning and talking at the same time was obviously too much. 

Years back when I did a "checkout chick" stint, I'd make a conscious point of talking with customers, but I don't think it slowed me down. I found that if I didn't at least say "Hello, how are you?" when they walked up, I wouldn't say anything to them except "That's $19.95 thank you.". This wasn't because it was company policy either. No-one else seemed to do likewise.

It seems it was appreciated though. I'd sometimes have people lining up at my register when other registers had no-one waiting (and they'd refuse to move across when someone told them "Checkout 3 is empty..) and after I finished the job to have our firstborn, I got a few baby pressies and plenty of friendly catchups from ex-customers. There's some sweet people out there. 🙂

LoL @Smc

I dont mind the talking just nice of talking and scanning can happen simultaneously. 

Our favorite check out lady is like that. I used to avoid her when in a hurry but now she is one of the fastest and efficient.  When not in a hurry we were happy to wait as she was so friendly and trying so hard. I suppose I have a soft spot for her as she in a lot of ways is like our S1. Now she is more efficient than the 'old hands' that used to get frustrated with her endless questions. She remembers us and always asks after the children which is a nice touch. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance