Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Yes Ravioli would definitely be welcome @Shaz51

@Former-Membermight like some too.

Adge

Hello Hot chocolateers

@Former-Member @Smc @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope 

I am worried about my. He has an appointment tomorrow with NDIS planner but he is very negative about it.  I am worried he is going to throw all sorts of things in and throw away his funding becasue someone he spoke to last time was mocking him.  The person before had been good, but they have constantly changed.

I am driving him but he does not want me to come in as he feels it is demeaning to have his mother involved.

I am really worried at this critical time.  They should not be guilt tripping him about working on his music as not being realistic.  He is trying atm.  Can they give up pushing him to do more fast food joints. He is certified as having a disability. DOnt they realise how destructive that could be. I feel the need to call the manager at the office and intervene.

What do you think?

@Appleblossom, when there's mental health concerns in the mix, a job that makes you miserable can be totally counterproductive. Enjoyable work is beneficial, certainly for mild/moderate depression and other conditions, because it boosts self esteem, but I'm suspecting fast food jobs might be the former not the latter in this case. 😞
You could try calling the manager, but given that as an adult he's allowed to say that he doesn't want you involved, you might be up against a brick wall. If you can make the case that he needs an advocate you might get somewhere, but even if they agree an advocate is needed, he might choose someone else to take the role. It's a brick wall we've bruised our noses on a few times. Is hard.

I have sent a strongly worded online feedback form to the organisation. Re to support him in his goals.  It is not the job of administrators to question diagnosis or various levels intelligence and of ability.  I am so wired and upset.  We cannot afford for him to throw it away, and the ex tax lady in me says they are doing something wrong and not delivering a service that they are paid good tax dollars to do.... to have him so defensive and ready to give up at the very beginning of the ndis process.

Anyway my panic has to be shelved, have to go and pick up from yoga.  Just found out his feeling about it on the way in to yoga.  Do not sho ot our creatives pleez.

As he lives at home, and is registered as having a disability, I am sure you will

be able to call and register your concern @Appleblossom .  He has required intervention in the past, so perhaps your family doctor could produce a letter for him stating that he is subject to overwhelm, and as he is doing so well, please be mindful not to overload him and undo his progress ?  Sometimes coming at it from the angle of professional advice can do much more than perceived “helicopter” parenting ..... I am not (repeat not) saying that you are “helicopter” parentlng ..... just mindful of stigma and people thinking they know better than the person who actually knows them.

I hope this helps Hon.  Thinking of you.  Uni lecturers undermined my boy savagely in another time and place ..... so hard.

Thanks @Faith-and-Hope 

That is a good next step if I need to.  The feedback form is already submitted.

Re helicopter parenting.  Its not really me.  I can stand back plenty.  In the form I mentioned that the school system let him down.  I would not have had to get so involved if others could deliver. He is picked up now, and working on piano again. He is making headway with managing his weight which had gotten out of control. All his self-organisation is proactive in a quiet diligent manner atm.  I treasure it.

Yes @Appleblossom .... well worth treasuring ......

My S2 and D3 are cooking together at home tonight, I found out when I called ..... making my heart sing ..... they are recovering gently gently .....

And they are going to wait to eat until I get home with D2 so we can sit together, despite how late it is.  Small things become very special ..... and not so small.

6 of your Favorite, Popular Insects In Their 'Baby' Forms ...Here's something to warm us up - it's a Firefly.

Gorgeous.

Adge

Beautiful @Adge 

Heart

Treasures @Faith-and-Hope 

Heart

Hi all, sorry, been flat out with 12hr days at work. I've been thinking of you all. Hoping to be back on deck in here soon xx @Appleblossom  @Faith-and-Hope  @Adge  @Smc @Shaz51 @Former-Member  @Determined 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance