Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I am not coping at the moment

@Eden1919 

 

Sounds so difficult for you. I can really feel your pain when it comes to the mental health system. There is a fine line between 'helping' and ' imprisoning'.

 

Do you have a case manager to advocate for you? In times of crisis, it can be very helpful to have someone who can speak on your behalf - someone who knows what works and doesn't work for you in terms of your care. I have found it to be extremely helpful, along with making an ADVANCE STATEMENT. It doesn't mean they will definitely follow what is on the advance statement, but it certainly helps.

 

 All the best my friend hugsxxx

Re: I am not coping at the moment

@BPDSurvivor  I do not trust case workers they also hurt me in the past and were in no way respectful of my wishes nor did they listen to me at all. advanced statments are usless unless the dr cares and most doctors don't. they have no real legal power if the doctor doesnt want to listen they wont either way. 

Re: I am not coping at the moment

@Eden1919 

that's a shame. I guess it's about trying everything until something works for you. I wish you the best. 

Re: I am not coping at the moment

@BPDSurvivor  I wish it were that simple. I have tried so many things everything I have access to and none of it helped 98% of it made it worse and the other 2% did nothing at all. 

For urgent assistance, call: