Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Learning CPTSD - do any carers have questions?

Hi @Help4Hubby,

I would also love to welcome you to the forum! I can assure you that this is a safe space and I hope that you can find the support that you're looking for.

I also care for a loved one with CPSTD and I understand the complexities that come with it. It's not an easy road, but at least we can walk alongside our loved ones in their darkest moments... Which we should feel a sense of pride for doing so.

And I agree with @espressologic, the SANE Support Line (1800 187 263) is a great contact to have in your phone for when things are tough and you need to speak to someone. You can also email getsupport@sane.org to ask any questions regarding accessing support.

And are you a member of your state or territories' Carers Australia group? For example, I am a member of Carer's NSW and have attended many sessions to help with self-care which is great for connecting with people that 'get it'.

There is also the 'Daily Check in Space' for Carers on the SANE Forum

That's lovely that you are wanting to learn more about it, here are some really useful resources for you to read up on Complex Post Traumatic Stress Disorder:

The BlueKnot Foundation also have free webinars on caring for someone with complex trauma throughout the year so it's always worth keeping an eye out for upcoming sessions, or signing up to their mailing list.

Try to be kind to yourself, and I hope things get better for you both.

Don't be a stranger,

defaultusername

@Healandlove 

Above message by @defaultusername may be of some help xx 

Hello @Help4Hubby , @-Liz- , @espressologic , @Romeo 

@Daisydreamer , I don't have access to the link 😢. Why is this? 

@Shaz51 , thank you so much!! I do have questions for Liz. Is Liz still active? 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance