Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

@Shaz51 

Heart

@BPDSurvivor 

Sorry I missed your post yesterday.  I ended up being flat out from 3.30 to late, but it was all good. Went to physio, and did shopping meal and movie with son.  When they ask I try and be there.

Smiley Happy

hot choc if thats your thinghot choc if thats your thing

@Emelia8

Heart

@Anastasia 

Heart

Might be part of the infection which is causing it @BPDSurvivor , but I think it is the problem with mid range dementia and other problems as she can not do things like she use too and unable to get around on her own much anymore xxx

Hugs @Appleblossom , @Anastasia , @Emelia8 , @Adge ❤❤

@Shaz51, my Mum is usually mentally competent, but her functiion goes downhill when she gets any kind of infection. I think when there's even low level cognitive decline in the mix, it doesn't take much to tip things downhill. She gets back to normal pretty quickly once the infection's treated... but your Mum's level of normal has declined further than mine's has. xx

Hello @Shaz51 

I just read back a few posts on this thread.

I am sorry I cannot read all of the frequently visited threads as it takes me too long to respond to people.

I have to set boundaries for my health.

It try to respond to you when I can and some others.

I read that your mum was diagnosed with an ear infection..

Infections in the ear in particular the middle ear cause balance issues....irritability....confusion along with pain.

Your mum already has confusion with her level of dementia.

I also read about an UTI infection I believe which brings with it the above symptoms..

So she had a triple experience level of symptoms..

The main thing is that it is very hard to diagnose what causes what with dementia as it is another form of illness of the mind.

You are doing as much as you can for her as well as for Mr Shaz.

You now have your own health issues that need to be observed just as importantly as their's..

I hope that aged care is providing some home help for your mum

Take care

dear @Shaz51 Sophia💜

thank you @Smc@Sophia1 

mum loves routine  and does not handle change too good anymore 

so this afternoon she is happy watching her tv shows and having a cuppa 

very hot and stormy outside , soo being inside is the best 

I am thinking that making a room for her so she does not have to use the steps is affecting her and making her anxious 

@Shaz51 👂👀🤗❣️

Hello and hugs too @Sophia1 @Appleblossom @Appleblossom @BPDSurvivor 👋🤗❣️

Mum @Shaz51 ,

Do you have a support worker who can come and support your mum so you can have some respite? They used to term it "respite care". I'm not sure if agencies still do it.

We need to make sure that you get the support you need. Carers sometimes give and give and give until they have no more to give - they find themselves stuck. Then all need rescuing.

Please take care Mum @Shaz51 

Hi NanaStasia @Anastasia !

How are you today?

I'm still in iso so I went for a walk and bike ride in my court yard today. Couldn't go far, but the sun was lovely - needed to take advantage of it.

Hot chocolate bomb please @Appleblossom ! 

Chocolate and marshmallows in the hot choc bomb please!

No respite or home help my daughter @BPDSurvivor 

Only meals on wheels for mum , she does not want people coming in and she does not like going to respite 

But will have to do it down the track soon I am thinking against mum's wishes xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance