Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What if your loved one becomes unwell during the festive season? // Tues 18 Dec, 7pm AEDT

This must be challenging at times @Shaz51 No doubt. You are an incredibly strong and resilient human being. Have you ever chatted to the helpline at Carers Aus? I wonder if they have links to online coaches etc? Could be worth investigating 🙂 

Re: Topic Tuesday // What if your loved one becomes unwell during the festive season? // Tues 18 Dec, 7pm AEDT

@nashy  carer support roughly monthly, worker visits me or we can meet at a cafe. As well as more informal visits they have a program looking at things like how you are coping with carer health, caring role, finances, work, managing at home, time for yourself and how you feel and help set goals in relation to these

no not yet @nashy, it is hard cancelling things at the last minute  and when it is your close family who is inviting us is hard and I feeling guilty afterwards

This sounds pretty incredible @Former-Member I love the cafe catch up too! Very authentic vibe to it. Sounds like a lot of the logistics are covered too through those catch ups, finances especially important no doubt Heart Thank you for sharing.

I hear you @Shaz51. The guilt is understandable, I can imagine a very normal emotion in this instance but I do hope you are gentle with yourself in the process Heart Do you feel family and friends are generally supportive?

ammmm Family are @nashy but we have no friends , and I have lost my friends

but family is good

The forums are a great place fpe support too @nashy

How other carers cope whilst going through significant trials of their own, a  tender knowing hug from @Shaz51,  along with  @greenpea , @Janiee and other forumites humour always helpful to halt the blues.

Alright everyone - here is the final point, and I think probably the most important.

I am going to leave the thread open until tomorrow, I am really keen to see everyone's input as I believe it is important to self-reflect on our strengths 🙂 So on that note...

What have been your own personal triumphs throughout your experience as a carer? Take a moment to self-reflect on some of your strengths and achievements from the past year.

@Shaz51 @Former-Member @Janiee @greenpea

tenor (2).gif

ohhhhh es the forum have helped me sooo much with my wonderful friends @Former-Member, @nashy, @Lauz, @Janiee, @greenpea, @Former-Member

So glad to hear this @Shaz51 🙂 Heart **Virtual Forum Group Hug**!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance