Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: OCD mum's need for constant reassurance

You're doing a great job juggling all your caring roles! Well done!

thanks @Susana , but sometimes I find it hard to get a balance

I was a total mess before coming on the forum , being here has helped me so i can help my family

how are you today and your mum Heart

has your mum has things she enjoys , my mum loves gardening even though she is finding it harder to do , family tell me i should stop her -- but she loves it and she loves it more when i help her -- But me I pull out the flowers with the weeds Smiley Very Happy

Glad to hear your mum enjoys gardening. Unfortunately mum has had no hobbies and has put her life into looking after her family. She can't think of one thing she could do in her spare time..... And she is not interested in starting any new interests. It's hard to distract her from her anxieties becausr she doesn't even watch TV or listen to music....

Yes I can understand that @Susana, with me I think I have given up any hobbies I had which is not good , trying to change that , my friend brought me a jigsaw puzzle and I have only done the border

it would be good to see what your mum might like to do xx

What a good friend you have Shaz51!

the trouble with my friend is my HUsband  @Susana

she won`t come to visit me , but she gives me a present for christmas

Oh I’m sorry to hear that your friend finds it hard to visit....it must be sad for you I can imagine....@Shaz51?

how was your  weekend @Susana Heart

Hi @Shaz51, thanks for asking, my weekend like other days of the week had its ups and downs with mum. Rollercoaster ride most days actually.... Though I did get a few hours of respite today when my brother took her to theirs. Enjoyed a caramel wafer bar with a nice cup of green tea 😋.

And yours?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance