Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Jane9
Senior Contributor

Living alone single

This covid 19  lockdown is a great way to get to know yourself when you live alone (and when you don't) and I'm pretty pleased that I've coped so far but it's starting to take its toll when friends who used to come out for one on one  walks with me now just hibernate at home more with their children and partners. We're all feeling it. I just wish I could term it with a bit of company some days. 

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Living alone single

I wish I could ' feel' it with a bit of company some days

@Jane9 - hi

Can fully relate to your post

The novelty has definitely passed and at times craving seeing people

We will get there

hello @Jane9
isolation is proving very difficult for many people so your not alone in that respect.
your always welcome to chat here though I know its not the same. perhaps with some restrictions being eased you could contact them and ask if they would like to go for even a short walk once a week to start with?

I hear you. I also live alone and while I usually like my own company, it’s wearing a bit thin. My health isn’t great and I’ve started walking in my own courtyard, sometimes on the phone to my mum or a friend.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Jane9,
I’m a bit lost with all this, as I’m loving being able to be alone, but I do appreciate that most people are struggling.
I just had a thought, I know we’re still able to go to parks for ‘exercise’, and I would pre-covid grab a take away coffee times two, and my friend armed with one of those four wheel drive prams and we’d do a few laps of the park, standing about a meter apart.
Would that be a possibility for you?

Thanks, yes I did reach out and a friend visited under the caring rules. The weather's been miserable and we're all a bit sick of walking and talking. 

Thanks. Yes. The novelty has passed and the new normal is hibernation. Glad to know it's not just me. 

Introverts may be in a bit of heaven right now. I'm certainly enjoying my own company and finding out things about myself and getting into the garden and writing and fish after a friebs decided a tank might be a good idea (it was) but as an extrovert I'm just reaching a bit of a limit. I've walked in the rain and even hot caught in the hail walking with  friends but they're over walking in this bad weather and I don't blame them. I'm just getting a little stir crazy 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance