Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: MyGov and Mental Health

@Historylover wrote:

I just wanted to let you know that you're never forgotten. I think of you often and always hope things are, at worst, tolerable, with a healthy splattering of good days thrown in.

Likewise, @Historylover .🙂

Good luck with the tennis. I hope it goes well for you and that you have lots of fun with it!

@Historylover wrote:

P.S. I only got a thumbs up inbox message and came across your reply here accidentally. So annoying.

Yes, sporadic notifications have been a problem for ages on here. I've missed responding to people numerous times because I was never notified of their posts that tagged me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's gotten a bit worse over the past few days though. Judging by some of the new post titles, I think that the mods have been monkeying around with the server programming. Normally when stuff like that's going on, the everyday users can expect to encounter glitches.

Take care, 'til next time. Cheers for now.😊

Hi @Historylover . 🙂👋 How's it going?

Thought I'd just check in to see how your going. Hope things are going well for you at the moment.🙂

Hey there, @chibam. Nice to hear from you. I'm doing alright, playing indoor bowls and tennis two days a week. I'm enjoying it very much, but as I said when I started—how come when nothing had gone right previously then suddenly I have found a 'home'. To say I am suspicious and cautious is an understatement, but at any time in my life when something suddenly went right, it turned out to be to others' advantage in the longer term, injurious to mine. My senses are heightened, but for the first time in an age, I am having fun and it seems innocent. Perhaps I'm 'dining' with predators but it's keeping me and my mind occupied and for the time being 'fun' is on the menu, not just me. It's sad to be so suspicious, but I have a lifetime of experience and observation to back it up. I'm treading carefully.

How are things going for you? 😊

I can relate to that fear of wandering in to another toxic environment, @Historylover . I often reflect on the fact that, even if some new program was announced tomorrow that offered the perfect route to the marriage and family/clan I've always been looking for, I too would be confronted with fears of it all going badly. Too many bad experiances in the past that I couldn't bear to get trapped in yet again. Too many experiances that've taught me not to trust people; and particularly people who claim they want to "help" me.

But at the end of the day, we need some capacity to trust, don't we? Or else we'll never be able to form the relationships we're looking for. Nobody can offer any indisputable guarantees that they can/will deliver on their promises, or that they are of the character we surmise them to be. Fear of being let down again is a bridge that I too will, hopefully, have to find a way to cross some day.

Things are going more or less the same for me here. Really hoping we've seen the end of those summer scorchers for another year.

Glad to hear you're doing so well. 🙂🤗 I hope things keep going well for you.

Personally, @chibam, I think that, for some of us, trust is not only over-rated but also impedes our long-term wellbeing. I have none, and that allows me to appreciate that I am not the walk over I used to be. I can't stop the unscrupulous but, for a while, there's an element of comfort in my discomfort, however I remain ever wary of that false sense of security. Lessons hard learned.

I'm pleased and hopeful that the worst of the heat is now behind us too, but I must say that it has been rather a mild season despite a couple of bouts of several days of more intense heat bursts. 

Good to hear that you are, at least, doing alright. 😊 Me too. 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance