Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Butterfly Room- ED support

I hope things will improve @BlueBay - 

I can't say I LOVE myself, nor HATE myself. I'm learning to strike a balance. How? I don't know.

@tyme @BlueBay  This is exactly what body neutrality is all about, neither loving nor hating your body. Just being neutral and accepting it for what it is and that we are more than just a body. I’m nowhere near there myself, but like to share about this new outlook… 

hope these images are ok to share…. 

1F241456-A1D7-48DA-B5F0-093E8F6BD677.jpeg

E944332F-B3F1-45F8-98D6-78AC7BE84F93.jpeg

F062F3CB-DD4B-463B-8BB9-6F20BA3AF95B.jpeg

CD4067AF-AC75-4327-911B-44509BC65050.jpeg

C1866726-7BF0-4C34-B320-BC43D648F672.jpeg

9276CB7F-232E-43C7-BDE1-7C724C9C62D5.jpeg

93F745F8-8DCA-438B-88E8-1F8DB1D628F2.jpeg

These are awesome @Bow! I am a huge fan of body neutrality! Sometimes it can feel so much more achievable and realistic for people recovering from an ED/body image concerns. 

Of course, it doesn't magically change overnight and it can still feel pretty rough sometimes... But that's all part of the journey too. We have internalised a lot of messages around what our bodies are "supposed" to mean and represent and it takes time to rewrite the script for ourselves 💗Thank you for sharing these!

Thanks @Bow for sharing. Xx

It doesn’t help that the world… society… clothing brands…. and ….. social media tell us what the ideal body is either @Peregrinefalcon 

but I do love that body neutrality is becoming more wide spread around the place. 

Hello I’m new to this website and I appreciate this forum. I especially like the body neutral information. I am trying to look after myself after two months in bed following the flu. Today a great friend came around and we went to buy medicine and milk. Then back to my place to clean and sort out the fridge, she even helped me change my bed. During the past weeks I haven’t been eating well or taking my medication properly. My negative self talk about restricting food has been soo loud. Looking forward to feeling better and getting out of bed.

Hey @Saoco  welcome to the forums firstly, I’m glad that you have found us here.  I’m sorry that you have been so unwell with the flu, it sure knocks people about. Hoping that your feeling better today

152AED1F-2C36-4D76-931F-08569D11E7AC.jpeg

https://butterfly.org.au/get-involved/campaigns/biedaw/ 

just thought I would post this here. 

Thank you for posting @Bow 

Such an important campaign.

Hugs

Hanami

I am struggling tonight i want to cry and scream because nothing is ever enough and no matter how hard i try i cannot be where i want to be. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance