Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Hi @notmyself. I saw that you have hit the support button for my thread and that your also new. Welcome to the forums! I love to hear from you if you want to. This and any thread is open to one and all. It's not exclusive. All you have to do is put the @symbol in front of my user name. Take care

Sans911

Cheers @Sans911 

Yeah I'm new and enjoyed what you were saying in your post. I've been struggling with a relapse of anxiety and depression for the last couple of months and realised that I need to do more about my mental health this time and found the sane forum site. I'm a bit of a wallflower so thanks for reaching out and contacting me.

Nice to hear from you @notmyself. Relapses are tough and I believe taking care of our mental health is an ongoing process for the rest of our lives. I'm still very much in the recovery stages from depression, anxiety and borderline personality disorder. I have OK days like today and then not so OK days like much of last week. This site is so good for me in many ways. I've never been judged or stigmatised here. Only accepted, encouraged and appreciate. IIt's usually me that judges myself. And there's lots of people here like you who are shy, introverted or whatever else you want to call it. And that's quite ok. But if you need support, someone to talk about something, anything or nothing at all, my eyes are 'listening' (that's forum speak) so please don't be afraid to reach out here.

welcome to the forums @notmyself

Thank you @Sans911 

I will be doing that, I'm realising it is an on going process that I need multiple areas of support for. Yeah I judge myself because of my illness a lot and isolate myself because of it. I've had some good days this week and not so good days as well. I study Tibetan Buddhism and practice various meditation techniques to manage it. I've moved back in with my family for support at this time as well.

Good to hear @notmyself. I study Buddhism too & meditate but I don't practice nearly enough. Sounds like you're doing as best as you can to manage. That's all we can do.

@Sans911hoping your day is going well hun Heart

@Sans911 how are you going? How's today been for you? 💜

hows your pain today sis? was the clinic any help? @Sans911 Heart
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance