Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The magic of tidying

Time to move folks

Have you got receipts@tab

If they have not been worn they need to replace them

Speak soon

It's good you've been walking @TAB . I hope the new shoes suit. I've still been walking every day, but getting a bit tired of the same streets. 

I can understand your attachment to your sons' things @Sophia1 and the journals. We can amass books and clothes over the years and sometimes they can reflect where we've been more than where we are now  I need to tackle mine too but letting go is hard, and I have books and notes from two abandoned higher degrees. I'm slowly trawling through old paperwork and memories. I've started trying to do a little each day but admit I've had many false starts. It's a work in progress.

The garden is challenging too. I think I might need help with it.

@ Tab was GPA nearly 6 over ok BA and BA Hons (2a) cos I had to go against the grain so no 1st class, no Phd, walk away weird old guy lol

Clever @TAB not surprised

Doesnt really help me with life choices though @Dimity plus never managed to get easy life w 9-4 or whatever job . So I just live in muck and off little savings/super, avoiding work more and more as get older

Reminds me a bit of a Zen saying @TAB . Before enlightenment chop wood and carry water. After enlightenment chop wood and carry water. It's more about the mindset.

My working life was punctuated by episodes of MI but I'd retrained in something I could mostly do and return to. When things got too hard I discovered some neglected super had matured early and I didn't have to beg for DSP. Sheer luck.

Maybe you'll get back to your cert iv and find work that's not so physically taxing. It's not easy. 

Hi @Dimity @TAB @Shaz51 @Sophia1 

I am so ,easy and chaotic and in like a poverty mentality, I get what u mean re storing things in case and in a trauma response

I get stuck in spaces where I can't take care ofmyself like cleaning and organising, and live in mess.

I'm messy and disorganised 

Throwing away stuff is a way to start, but I need to also put it away....

@TAB I have a bachelor of arts as well.

Hi @EternalFlower 

I'm outnumbered by you and @TAB,  I have a science degree.

Money's tight for me too so I don't like getting rid of some things I can still use,  like clothes (until they wear out). 

Cleaning and organising seem overwhelming sometimes. I guess that's why I started this thread. On another thread @RedHorse and I got onto the same topic. When things are tough I'm happy if I can just stay on top of the washing and washing up. It would be nice to spring clean though, and it's something to aim for. 

True pretty much @Dimity I also found ways to access super, ie to make not working bearable financially 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance