Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: internet consultations vs face to face

@CheerBear  I think you have nailed it CheerBear we need the various options to be available for clients.  By having intrenet access available it frees up services for clients who need face to face,

@BlueBay  yes I think you are right BlueBay :)xx

This is a really timely discussion. 
I think for us that won't have the personal space it's going to be hard. Driving somewhere is a good idea @BlueBay 

@greenpeaI think the really heavy stuff I'd have to do face to face.....although in reality that sometimes has been my face under my jumper so I can't be seen 😳 but just knowing that I'm there for that direct support is important. And yes getting the nuances from my psych at those times is important.... when I look up out of my jumper.

I don't mind remote stuff if I know the person well. I have had lots of sessions by phone before with my therapist on the days I couldn't drag myself there. 

I think for those that dissociate in sessions it will be a bit more of a challenge but my therapist says she has managed that remotely before with others. This is not me but we had a conversation about it. 

like us all I don't know how I will feel if it has to be done by phone/Skype etc. one day at a time I guess for now. I guess the bright side for now is at least it is a service that only has one other person so we aren't breaking rules yet by face to face appointments. 

@greenpea  Hmm this is tricky I prefer face to face in general but if it is between video chat and phone I kind of prefer the phone because I don’t have to try and look at the psych and the video chat always feels awkward and idk it is just weird to me but I also hate not having a very private space to have the conversation plus I am 10 times more distracted when I am not in the office and find it hard not to get very lost in other stuff around me also and idk if this is cause of past issues with professionals but I hate that video chat or phone means they are “in my house” like I know they aren’t but I never want to associate my home with psych professionals because the second I do it starts to make home feel less safe I prefer to have to engage with them in a place I don’t have to live all the time. 

@Teej @Eden1919  Hey Teej (good to see you it has been ages since I have seen you around) and Eden1919 🙂 thank you both for your input. xxx

Hi @greenpea .

I see my psychiatrist through a telehealth company on an app, before the virus started. He's in another state to me too, I wish I could meet him in person though.

@Former-Member  Hey musicfanatic_x good to see you back again 🙂

Thank you. I was worried you were mad with me, but maybe that was someone else. Sorry for misunderstanding @greenpea 

@Former-Member  No one is mad at you. Just be yourself and dont worry so much. :)x I will talk with you later.

Thanks, I'm glad. Take care @greenpea 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance