Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

ArraDreaming
Senior Contributor

just flying by

i probably won’t check the responses or reply for a bit cause Im kinda busy but just wanted to get this off my chest

Im really happy i don’t want anyone to think I’m not everything that’s happened over the past week has just amazed me i don’t even have any words for the love

Its just that today I don’t know why I’m just over come with anxiety its like it’s just there all the time and this what i was feeling pre meds every day and its back

I’m fine otherwise but it just feels like I cant just get a full breath in and that my chest feels tight and its one of those things where i feel like I have to hold it together becwuse the people around me are always managing a big change so i just have to push it away cause I dont really have that much time or the brain capacity to try and manage it I just need to try and ignore it, which is so hard

and then today I was having a shower and that was the worst it’s been in so long and I feel like it just spiralled

is this even a thing when you are really happy how can I be so anxious

9 REPLIES 9

Re: just flying by

everything I do is accompanied by heart palpitations is what Im trying to say

Hey @ArraDreaming ,

It's been a big week. You have done so well. You've probably been living on adrenaline for the past few days and now reality has hit?

Practice deep breathing. Focus on your breathing. Continue this throughout the day. You'll get better and better at it.

@Appleblossom
Noticed you supported my post realised that without context it probably makes little sense

We actually had our little baby on Tuesday #3,
Fair to say our coffee machine and kettle at home is getting a fair work out lots of tea and cuppas to get us through what’s been a hectic but lovely week but some long nights also 

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! @ArraDreaming 

@Shaz51 @Oaktree @Abner 

Awww congratulations my @ArraDreaming 😀🥰

Congratulations on your new arrival @ArraDreaming 

That’s amazing news. Hope mother and baby are both well.

Meggle

Thanks team very kind @Shaz51 @Oaktree @tyme

@tyme
i finally fully got around to reading what you said and yeah I agree, the crash is definitely due to hit, also i totally forgot what this time was like it was only 2021, but during Covid and that was a whole different world, just gotta go easy on myself for a bit, definitely in survival mode and we are just reminding ourselves that that is absolutely fine
I have to go but thanks everyone for your messages that’s super nice

Having three is a totally different world! At least you have one at school @ArraDreaming . But I can see the weekends, after school times, bath times and bed times being a little chaotic! Is that an understatement?

What an amazing experience.

Oooh @ArraDreaming That is wonderful news.  Congratulations.

Newborn in the house raises all the parental feelings to max along with the max exhaustion aspect.  Love that you are doing lots of cuppas.

I dont always reply to your posts, but I really relate to the mixture of feelings and underlying anxiety even when good things are happening.

Thank you for noticing my support, and explaining.

Sending fond good wishes for you and your family.

The plants will survive, there's other staff ... you are the only dad of this child.

Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance