Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Good morning, @eth@Exoplanet@Appleblossom@outlander@Zoe7 @CheerBear and everyone. I've been mostly missing in action from this discussion thread lately, except for reading and 'supporting' posts. Glad to see the conversation has been continuing in my absence.

So much happening with the video stuff here. It's been steadily ramping up for some weeks now. Yesterday I sent off my award selections for the competition I've been judging. Over 100 videos watched, and a big chunk of them rewatched and watched some more, before coming to my final choices. The only thing that remains to be done now is writing up some notes on each of the six awarded videos. The web page announcing the winners, supporting information and embedded players is scheduled to go public in about a week's time. Other video and related projects have been ramping up too.

I am loving it and feeling excited about this central creative aspect of my life at this time. But, as has often been the case, I have a tendency to go from 0-100 pretty quickly, and then back to 0 again for a while. My mental energy is on a rollercoaster at the moment, and my physical wellbeing is riding up and down with it as well.

I mentioned a little while ago that I have been trying to arrange over the phone some social and other support for my mum through her local council down south. Numerous, and sometimes long phone calls with various staff, all good encounters so far.

Yesterday Mum had her capacities assessment, when a woman from council went out and spent a long time at my mother's flat. They discussed Mum's needs and wants, and the many ways council might be able to help her. Spoke to Mum afterwards on the phone. I was so pleased to hear her feeling happy and excited at the various activities she may be engaging with next year. Recently she has had a bout of depression, partly due to the death of a friend and partly to do with becoming too isolated in her flat due to increasing mobility issues (she lives alone).

I also mentioned not long ago that I had designed a 'photo book' online containing a selection of 24 family pics spanning over 50 years of my life. I was having the book printed and sent to me to check how it looked before ordering another to be sent directly to Mum as a surprise gift. The book arrived yesterday and I am so happy with the result. Last night I spent hours doing extra work annotating the photos for Mum's copy. She may receive it before xmas, or maybe in the new year. Either way, I think she's going to love it, and that makes me smile.

Aside from all this, I've been out and about on the buses and walking to and from destinations in the warm humid weather over the past four days: GP, physio, driver's licence renewal, as well as a really lovely evening out with C and some others for the birthday of our close friend's brother.

I've also been running on only about 3 hours sleep a night this past week. When I haven't been intensely engaged with projects on the computer, I've often been collapsed in the armchair in between, spent and recovering.

Nice to be able to unwind some of what's been happening here this morning!

Love to all who would like it from me. Heart

You have been doing a lot @Mazarita I am especially happy that the photo bookhasm come back and you like the final result, I'm surem your mum will love her copy when it does arrive,

I am not surprised you collapse min the armchair with the lack of sleep. I hope that settles down a bit more for you over the coming days/weeks.

I am off to work now so sending you love and accepting yours as well Heart

Have a great day Maz ...and everyone else of this thread Smiley Very Happy

@Mazarita Really glad that your competition work has been satisfying. It is a huge part of the creative world, to pass the skills and traditions on.  On YOU.

Heart

@Zoe7 @outlander @CheerBear @eth and all

My son is out for 24 hours so I can get to clean the house a bit.  YAY! 

Smiley Happy

I had 2 phone calls with 2 ladies who I have known for a while and like.

Smiley Happy

Need to prepare salad for christmas party. I am deliberately not doing treats this year,  salads are my theme. I figure there will be enough decadence.

Smiley Happy

Hope you get the cleaning done while your son is away @Appleblossom

It sounds like salads is a good thing rather than all the cooking that other things take.

I have had a good day and despite being really tired I am going to try to get a couple of things sorted tonight around the house as well. Having salad here for dinner so will be easy to organise. Planning on getting work related things sorted tomorrow and then have a rest day on Sunday.

Hi @Appleblossom @Mazarita @Zoe7 and everyone else who's regular here - you know who you are!  Hope this evening is peaceful for all.

@Appleblossom  I like our conversations when they happen too.  Sounds like you've had a couple of breakthroughs lately. 

I'm not making sweets for Christmas either.  Baking bread in advance and just doing a salsa verde (green sauce) for the bbq fish and a green salad for the table.

@Mazarita so nice to read all that's been happening for you lately.  I've been missing you!  But totally understand that real life happens!  Really great to hear you've had some success in making support things happen for your mum. The photo book sounds like a really special gift for her.  And the video judging project sounds like it's worked out well for you.  

I had a busy morning doing banking and such admin stuff I've put off for about 3 weeks, to the extent that I completely forgot I had a meeting with my coordinator of supports at 10.30.  We were meant to go for coffee but I was here in yesterday's clothes and unbrushed hair!  So we sat and talked here for 1 1/2 hours.  Which I think ended up being better as we had no distractions.  Then I did some more admin for a while, had a wee nap and then went for a drive with bro and came home with t/a Indian - Yum.  It was nice just hanging out with him for a couple of hours, their life has been crazy busy since he came back from overseas.  He's a good bloke!

Going to check in to Friday Feast and see what's happening there.  Maybe see some of you there.  

Good morning to all who drop in here today.  Hope its a good day for everyone.

I have a support worker for 3 hours this afternoon and no plan yet for what to do with her.  Suggestions welcome!

@Mazarita @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @CheerBear @outlander @Exoplanet  @Shaz51 and all - sending best wishes and hugs.

Goodmorning @eth and all on this thread - my morning has started slowly - woke up with something in my eye - not sure how that happened - it is still quite sore but hoping whatever it is is out now. I have a llot to do but going to take it all slowly as I am still really tired despite sleeping through the night. Hope everyone has a good day.Smiley Very Happy

Morning everyone.
Hoping todays a good one for you all 🌻

I have a support worker for 3 hours this afternoon and no plan yet for what to do with her. --- that is a good question @eth

ammmmmmm Smiley Happy

Monoploy , jigsaw puzzles , ironing, cooking  ?

hello @Mazarita, @outlander, @Zoe7, @Appleblossom Heart

Hi @Shaz51  I try to do something that's about my goals each time I have them.  Like go out at least into the community somewhere or do some exercise of some form.  Thinking maybe a walk on a beach to start with, but I have 3 hours today.  And don't need to shop or chemist or anything this week.  I've asked them to help me decide what to do but they seem to always leave it up to me.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance