Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

Hey @eth  enjoy your day.    Best wishes for finding 2 new support workers x

I hope your able to speak to the nurses today @octavia and that the dr will be in on Monday. going out for lunch with your son sounds nice and im sure he will appreciate that too. hospital food is gross.

I hope your meet n greet on Tuesday goes well and that shes a good match for you.

@ethfull on going through that managing the process. I hope you can take your time so you get to know them. On the positive it sounds like you are doing all you can. I haven't had a chance to read right into it. Be gentle and kind 🙂 Have you ever heard of grow. They help building with the community if you are ready and they are around where you live .

Yes thanks @Everan   I've both been a member of and worked for GROW and sorry to say had some bad experiences with it that put me off for good.  But thanks for thinking of me anyway.  At this stage I'm involved with a community disability alliance that is fantastic and has special interest groups.  And possibly even future training and employment with them.  

10 Funny Quotes For When You Wish You Could Just Go Back ...

Hi @eth Similar experiences (perhaps).

I was the organiser of a GROW group for 4 years.

I went originally for social support - I found it very limiting in that respect.

Adge

Quotes about Mental exhaustion (47 quotes)

When your so tired.... | Funny Stuff! | Tired funny, Tired ...

Hey @Adge   good on both of us for giving grow a try, not every path works for every person.  I was in a group where I used to live and the facilitator of the group was really bossy, always telling people what they needed and should do, when it's meant to be self-directed recovery.  Also the whole 12 step higher power thing didn't really work for me.  Then I became the secretary for the state I lived in and had to work under the same person.  It was a disaster - I lasted 2 weeks.  Plus she used to tell my legally blind child that they should trust people more .... I really jacked up about that after a while.  It's a shame but that one person getting away with so much put me off the whole movement.

Loving your pictures as always.  Did you see that one of the finches was made Australian bird of the year?  The black throated finch (just looked it up).  And the tawny frog mouth owl came 2nd.  I love them.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance