Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Sorry for the sudden drop out @Zoe7. I caught a break in the weather and took the chance to get to the supermarket.

Thanks for your kind words and understanding ❤ Between my little ones and my big ones, things feel kind of huge and I feel pretty stretched. Yesterday my GP mentioned the seriousness of what looks to be going on with the little and the concerns herself and others have. It's all a bit much at times 😔 I think I might unbottle a bit over on the carers side at some stage because keeping it all inside isn't helping me. So tired.

I find myself often thinking of you also. I really appreciate and value the quiet support we seem to give each other through our 'support' button clicking. I'm really mindful of who I tag into what as I don't want to trigger anyone, but I sense your presence and it means a lot and I appreciate your input and thoughts whenever you post them. I feel a connection with many here, as it seems you do also 😊 It makes it worth riding out some of the tougher times that can and have happened.

It is pretty cute when the furballs play, though I wasn't finding it so cute at that early hour. We have floorboards and quite a few mats on them. One of Noodles favourite games is to get a run up then pounce on them, sliding them around. I woke up this morning to all the mats rearranged around the house. He also really enjoys diving into the beanbags then getting buried in them, which is pretty funny too. His sister watches him with a look of utter disgust at his clownish behaviour. She's so judgmental 😆😉

Hi @utopia @Zoe7 ..... 👋💕

I went to the Aboriginal heritage centre.  It was lovely !  Thee is so much available and integrated here in the east that is not even off the starters block in the west ..... I was able to ask about what identifies the art style of the people of this region, and so can begin to see for myself what ”belongs” and what doesn’t .... digeridoos were never part of the culture of this area of Australia for instance .... and although Aboriginal for painting style is used on sanctioned souvenir artwork, that is not a style inherent to the south east of Australia either .....

I met some families there who are visiting from the west, and heard stories that help to fill in gaps in my understanding of the Aboriginal / colonial history of the western people’s too .... this lady’s family escaped the Stolen Generation curse because her grandfather saw the danger and ordered the hiding of their children, along with the successful waging of war to protect their  territory when colonial  soldiers arrived to try to take it.

Cat looks at Toby in much the same way as Noodle's sister does lol Toby is still a puppy in so many ways and is super cute when he does his little 'roll around on his bed and barky thing' or 'run madly through the house thing'. They both give me so much joy though. I can imagine Noodle would be super cute also if the shenanigans were at a reasonable hour of the day!

I know we have shared some extreme times on here and that connection we have is super important to me CB. ...and much like you - the support button means a lot - we stay connected through that and that is enough Heart I do tend to stick to only a few threads and am quite hapy to back away when others are providing support in many instances - learning greater self-care also.

Things for me seem to be moving in slow motion most days but I am sure that will change when work is finally sorted out and I know then I won't be able to be here as much - so pulling away a bit is necessary for both my own wellbeing as well the support I can give others. In a way going back to work will be sad but I need to do it financially. I do hope I can handle it - that is something I am concerned about.

I think it is a great idea that you unbottle some of what you are feeling @CheerBear It is a very big deal what is happening with little and you need the support. Post where you feel most comfortable and where you think you will receive the best support - you deserve that so much. I do hope things can get easier for you though CB - but knowing that it is more likely going to be a long road know I will be thinking of you - and pressing that support button often so you know I am close by Heart

All the feels @Zoe7 and so much love to you.

I have seriously enjoyed watching the steps you've taken including the big, scary ones and the constant smaller ones. They show huge bravery, perseverance and determination over a long time. I am cheering you on all the way and can't wait to hear how things go for you with work (with huge hopes and everything crossed - not that I think you'll need it!)

Thank you for being a great friend and for being you ❤😘

Much of what is on 'souvenirs' is not practiced in Tasmania either @Faith-and-Hope There are very distinctive styles for different areas of Australia - much like language. Even the way stories are passed down from generation to generation have different styles, symbols, language from region to region or tribe to tribe. Story telling in -it's many forms - is a work of art in itself  ....and fascinating Smiley Very Happy

Thank you @CheerBear Means a lot Heart

If only we had a certain wayward turtle that could be here with us - that would make us both smile. This journey seems to be a little emptier without her here. I know it is my journey but you and others have been on it with me and I could not have done it without you all. Who would have thought this time last year that I would be going back to work - was not even on the radar - just surviving was about the only thing I was thinking about.

There's a hole in my heart that I don't think can be filled and words that can't be said @Zoe7. Very thankful for more reasons to stick around than not, as my time here looked seriously in doubt for a little while there.

I think the progress you've made shows how important that 'just surviving' really is. Sometimes surviving is the hardest thing to do, but if we can survive then things really can and do change. You are awesome ❤

Feeding time at the zoo (or circus probably 😉). Dinner time has been a tricky time most nights recently. 🤞 for a good one tonight.

So great to catch up with you today. Mega big hugs 💗

I did think for a while there that I woould lose you here too CB and that would have broken my heart just a little more - so glad you are still with us and as hard as some days still are - you make a difference here Hon Heart

Thank you for the catch-up - has made my day just that little bit brighter @CheerBear Heart

Catch you again soon my wonderful, beautiful, caring CB 🧡💛💚💜💙

We live exciting fun filled lives @Zoe7. You buy a vacuum cleaner and I do the washing.  Party at our houses.  Lol. 

Am watching Patch Adams the movie.  I always liked this one with Robyn Williams. 

Yes our Art and music culture is very different from the West and the North of Australia. @Faith-and-Hope

Did yoh get to see a possum cloak?  The workmanship is amazing and the art work on the inside normally tells that person's journey. Absolutely amazing stuff you can find out. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance