Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Not really @Zoe7

When we moved in he took bedroom furthest from mine, which was good. all round. Meant privacy, not that I was entertaining?? lol  It is a long house. I slept in his room til he was fine with me moving to mine. My daughter moved into middle one, but only briefly.

The problem comes when he thinks he owns and can completely control what he thinks of his end of the house.  It has a kitchen laundry bathroom and toot that he does not clean, or care for. I have been wary of going down there unless I am cleaning or cooking, to keep the peace and give him space.  I do have rights to access to the fridge and kettle etc, but have to "fight" for it.  

I let go of MY rights for about 15 years in this house.  It is a bit ludicrous, but recently with mental health workers in the house, they can see situation which has helped. 

Too often mothers are blamed for everything ... sigh ... 

He agreed to make arrangement tonight which meant I dont go to writing group.  He comes first, but it is getting a bit old to be kept hanging around without doing anything productive.  I was well taught in orphanages and from mother to work. .. sigh ... what I have learned recently is to have good healthy fun.

@Appleblossom “good healthy fun” - yep let’s order that up for all of us @Zoe7 @TAB@Former-Member@Former-Member ! I’m following everyone’s posts amidst applying for jobs. @TAB Yay for doing paid work however unpalatable it is @Zoe7 maybe hit days aren’t the best for trying to increase activity tolerance in preparation for return to work @Former-Member & @Former-Member I’ve appreciated your comments. So I’m working on applying for a Senior job I don’t really want - older persons mental health service, can you believe it?! On the positive, the manager told me there are 2 more full-time positions (NOT senior) to be advertised soon so less extra responsibilities would be preferable. Fine with 4 days probably but FT would be too tiring I think. Another job was supporting volunteers so might apply for that despite not really being a health professional’s job. Back to the grindstone I guess. I wanted to encourage you @Appleblossom re your frustration re mindfulness but ... My lovely 17yo has just checked if I’m getting distracted because he doesn’t want me to get super stressed when submitting it by the deadline!!! Bless! 

Former-Member
Not applicable

So good that you got to Bunnings @Zoe7 Well done. That’s so good your sister can help. Sounds like a job for another day, seeing as it’s so hot down there. 

I haven’t been out except to hang washing.

Too hot. 

Been getting frustrated trying to do internet banking only to find out ages later that it’s not working and bank is not sure when it will be fixed. Oh the joys of internet. Seems to happen often with different sites, when paying bills etc. oh well. 💜🦋

Really sorry to hear about you having to find another job @Sam3

wishing you well. 

Working in disability can be very rewarding. They can be such fun to work with too. 

Just a thought. 

🌷🌸🌺

Hi all. 👋💖

Hey @Sam3 @Former-Member I have put up some more of the frame but need to grind off a couple of bolts and cut a piece of concrete to do the rest - so given that it is getting late I'll do that tomorrow. Toby needed a break because he was busy supervising me and panting rather than staying in the shade - he is now laying on the floor cooling down. He has had plenty of water so that should help him as well. Going to have to lock him in the house tomorrow whilst I do the grinding and cutting otherwise he will want to be under my feat and that of course will be dangerous for us both.

Going to have a shower soon and cool off myself then settle in for the night.

Hope you job search has been going okay @Sam3 and that you find something in an area that you are interested in. It seems like you have enough skills and experience to do many different things so hoping that something comes up that you really want to do.

@Former-Member oh the joys of internet banking - or internet anything when you really need it - I have been lucky with mine since I switched providers and we are always informed prior to any maintenance being done in my area. I need to do some washing also but will do that after I have a shower. Might even bath Toby first as it is warm enough for him to dry quickly this afternoon - would be a perfect evening to go to the beach but I don't have any evergy left for that tonight.

afternoon @Zoe7 @Former-Member @Sam3

Hey @MDT just chillin' on here before I bath Toby and have a shwer myself. Will feed both my babies before I bath him though otherwise Cat will be talking at me for ages lol How's your day been?

Not bad @Zoe7
Just heading out now. To catch up with some peeps. Nothing too flash.
My pc is playing up again so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow lol...
I like how your pets always hang out with you even when you are doing stuff about the house haha

Toby really does follow me everwhere @MDT I have to be careful when I am doing stuff not to tread on him lol He is a funny little fella - if I tell him he has to stay when I go out the front door then he does but if I don't tell him that and grab my keys then he thinks he is coming too and will run to the door or scratch at it until I come back - he has a built in radar to know if I am leaving him or just not letting him out. Cat just does her own thing and doesn't care what Toby does most of the time. She is happy laying in her room or under her tree in the garden.

I hope you have a great night out - it will be good to catch up with some people after all your hard work this week with the job searching. Have fun buddy Smiley Very Happy

Save a seat at Friday feast @Zoe7 in case my plans fall through. Already been some cancels but then again smaller might be better.

Yeh pets are funny like that. They can sense that stuff right away.

I don't think I will be doing FF either tonight @MDT Once I bath Toby and have a shower I will settle in for a quiet night. Might watch some tennis and try for an early night so I can be up and about early tomorrow as well.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance