Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

AciraMay
Casual Contributor

BPD - could I have it?

Hi everyone,

Ive been living with depression for about 10 years now. The past year or two have been particularly tough.

I recently sought help from a community service and after the initial assessment they auggested that I may have borderline personality disorder.
They have asked me to see a phyc for a diagnosis.

I had looked into BPD before and I felt like I related to a lot of the 'symptoms' but I guess I didnt feel like my symptoms were extreme enough.

Im wondering if anyone else was suprised when they were diagnosed? And how BPD effects your life?

Thanks gor reading 🙂
1 REPLY 1

Re: BPD - could I have it?

Hi @AciraMay thanks for sharing some of your experience. Receiving a diagnosis can bring up a lot of emotions for people, both positive and negative. For some people the suggested diagnosis doesn't make any sense and can be very distressing. For others, it can bring a sense of relief and a hopeful way forward with recovery. You might be interested to have a read through our recent Topic Tuesday discussion event that considered how receiving a diagnosis can help or hinder us. 

A number of members have a diagnosis of BPD here and/or can relate to the symptoms. Feel free to jump in @BlueBay @Crazy_Bug_Lady @Billamba or @Former-Member or anyone else interested if you'd like to share your thoughts.

It sounds like you are not so surprised at the suggestion of BPD @AciraMay? How has it left you feeling?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance