Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LSeven
Contributor

Cancer

To be a person who lives with cancer, my family deals with everyday. To be diagnosed with a secondary cancer! Any help would be appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Cancer

Hi @LSeven

Sending you a big warm hug and a warm welcome to SANE. MY husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer and was given 18 months to live. That was 19 yrs ago. He still undergoes every three months mild chemotherapy injections and it is keeping it under control.

Stay positive my friend - with any disease this can produce amazing results. Keep your life and activities as normal as possible (within your limitations).  If you feel it gets abit much please do seek out support groups with fellow sufferers as this can help some a lot. And keep talking on here as others on here will respond.

As a family member who supported my husband through his ills (has other ailments as well), it has been hard but I wouldn't be with anyone else. Love endures. Don't give up. 💕

utopia
Senior Contributor

Re: Cancer

@LSeven. What a hard blow you have received. I'm sorry you received this news.
I hope you are getting help - & I don't just mean for the cancer. I'm talking about a psychologist or other counselor to talk to. To express all your emotions with.
I hope others here may be able to speak to you of their own experiences of cancer - as @Former-Member has.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance